IMPORTANT INFORMATION – Trainer and Assessor credentials
The new Trainer and Assessor credential requirements came into effect 1 July 2019. All trainers and assessors within the VET Sector must now have:
- the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, or
- a diploma or higher level qualification in adult education, or
- the TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, plus:
- either TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills, or its successor, or TAELLN401A Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills, and
- either TAEASS502 Design and Develop Assessment Tools, or its successor, or TAEASS502A Design and Develop Assessment Tools, or TAEASS502B Design and Develop Assessment Tools.
The Advanced Assessor Course is intended to provide experienced practitioners with a deeper understanding of formative and summative assessment processes by planning, designing, and developing assessment instruments. You will gain further skills and knowledge on what quality evidence looks like and get to see how assessment tools work when used by others. Not only will you practice receiving feedback from other assessors to continually improve assessment processes, but you’ll also strengthen your ability to apply Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) practices.
Note: This course contributes towards the nationally recognised TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
Note: This course is also a component of the Upgrade TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
Participants in this program will be able to:
- Determine the focus of the assessment tool;
- Understand the collection of quality evidence;
- Determine different assessment methods including RPL options;
- Appreciate the contextual assessment needs for different environments;
- Apply formative and summative assessment;
- Review and trial assessment tools; and,
- Address document control processes.
Unit of Competency:
TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools
- Course tuition from our experienced trainers
- Comprehensive student manual
- Fully catered morning & afternoon tea
- Fully catered lunch
- Free flowing tea, coffee and filtered water throughout the duration of the course
- Complementary WiFi
- Pens & notepad
- Post course support
Upon booking to complete your first AVELING program, participants will be required to complete a LLN Learner Survey which will be reviewed prior to attending the program. Based on the outcome of the survey, AVELING may contact you to discuss options that will best suit your individual learning needs. This survey will allow AVELING to cater program delivery to meet the needs of all learners. Please note that additional costs may be incurred if literacy support is required.
AVELING offers free support services to help you complete workplace assessments that are part of a nationally recognised course or qualification. Your Assessment Support person can help you in the planning and preparation of your course assignments and is available via telephone, email, one-on-one meetings or monthly group workshops.
Free monthly workshops
Workshops are run every month at our Jandakot venue between 9.00am-11.00am. Candidates can attend as many times as required. Places are limited so bookings are essential. Please phone (08) 9379 9999 to book.
$399 online (GST Free)
$820 classroom (GST Free)
In Class Component - 2 Days
Online - Self Paced PLUS
Workplace Assessment - 12 months from face to face/online course completion
Classroom and Online
Those who plan, organise and conduct competency based assessments in the workplace, including Verification of Competencies (VOCs).
For individuals completing the course only, a Statement of Attainment for the Unit of Competency TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools will be issued after being deemed competent having successfully:
1. Attended the course and completed all in-class assessments.
2. Completed all the relevant workplace assignments.
Workplace assignments must be submitted within 12 months of course completion.
If you have eight (8) or more participants, this course can be presented at your workplace using customised site based examples.