Building a healthy and safe workplace requires leadership and good judgment.
You need a broad knowledge of health and safety and the ability to apply your expertise in a range of contexts.You need to be able to work effectively in industry, with the ability to influence and drive workplace safety.
To better support these requirements, AVELING have partnered with Cattani Consulting and aligned our Certificate IV qualification with The Journey Program for Safety Leaders™
This qualification covers ten units of competency and can be achieved by attending the five-day course and completing work based assignments.
Participants in this program will be able to develop:
- Knowledge and skills to manage injury risk
- A method to clearly and effectively communicate risk, and
- A feedback system to assess and respond to performance.
Units of Competency:
- BSBWHS402 Assist with compliance with WHS laws
- BSBWHS405 Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS management systems
- BSBWHS404 Contribute to WHS hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control
- PUAWER002B Ensure workplace emergency prevention procedures, systems and processes are implemented
- BSBWHS406 Assist with responding to incidents
- BSBWHS403 Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBMGT401 Show leadership in the workplace
- BSBWHS410 Contribute to work-related health and safety measures and initiatives
- BSBRES401 Analyse and present research information
- BSBMGT403 Implement continuous improvement
- Course tuition from our experienced trainers
- Comprehensive student materials
- Fully catered morning & afternoon tea
- Fully catered lunch
- Free flowing tea, coffee and filtered water throughout the duration of the course
- Complementary WiFi
- Pens & notepad
- Post course support including free assessment support sessions – Find out more here.
”Trainer was excellent, friendly, knowledgeable and encouraging”
J Cockran TAMS Group
”The whole place was extremely professional and enjoyable”‘
Brayden George R.Moore & Sons
$1650 (GST free)
Anyone who wants to take on responsibility for safety in the workplace and/or build a career in work health and safety.
A certificate of qualification will be issued after being deemed competent having successfully:
1. Attended the five-day course and completed all in-class assessments.
2. Completed all the relevant workplace assignments.
Workplace assignments must be submitted within 12 months of course completion.
If you have twelve (12) or more participants, this course can be presented at your workplace using customised site based examples.