Manual handling, also known as manual tasks, is any activity requiring effort to lift, move, push, pull, carry or hold any object, including a person.
Poor manual handling practice is one of the most common causes of injury in the health care industry. These injuries are frequently severe and cannot always be completely treated, leading to chronic problems.
AVELING’s Manual Handling for Health Care Workers course will teach you how to safely identify, plan and perform manual handling tasks to assist in maintaining an injury-free workplace.
- What is manual handling?
- The risks and consequences of manual handling
- Legal requirements and responsibilities
- Assessing manual handling tasks and minimising risk
- The dangers of patient handling and traditional lifting and moving techniques
- Safer patient handling alternatives
$55.00 (incl GST)
Any nurse, orderly, carer or health care professional who may need to lift, move, push, pull, carry or hold clients or objects in their workplace, home or vehicle.
A Certificate of Participation will be emailed at the end of the course.