Gain the confidence, knowledge and skills to represent your workplace and carry out the responsibilities of an elected Safety and Health Representative (SHR) with AVELING’s Worksafe WA accredited course.
Safety and Health Representatives play a key role in the promotion of safe work practices. Training helps SHRs to understand and exercise powers effectively. Under the OSH Act, every elected workplace SHR is entitled to attend this five- day course and receive time off with full pay from their employer.
BSB30715 Certificate III in Work Health and Safety: Completing this course also gives you the opportunity to have your training recognised as part of the Certificate III in Work Health and Safety. This requires you to submit your workplace assignments within 12 months of course completion for assessment. A certificate of qualification for BSB30715 Certificate III in Work Health and Safety will be issued after being deemed competent. Assessment for workplace assignments will incur an additional cost of $600 for involvement of the assessors.
Refresher: If you have previously attended the introductory training, you may consider a refresher course to update your knowledge.
- Apply knowledge of legislation in the role of a Safety and Health Representative or employee
- Conduct workplace inspections and investigations
- Communicate information on safety and health matters
- Effectively represent employees on safety and health issues
- Resolve conflict and issue Provisional Improvement Notices
- Identify hazards and apply risk management processes
Participants are required to have sufficient numeracy and literacy skills to read and comprehend instructions for:
- Referencing and understanding legislation, standards and codes of practice
- Consulting with workers and employers on safety issues
Language, Literacy and Numeracy:
To keep this course accessible, individuals who identify with language, literacy or other disabilities will be interviewed by the Trainer/Assessor to establish the most appropriate support mechanisms to be put into place. Such support could include additional time to complete written work, the use of a support person during assessment or access to a LLN specialist.
$990 (GST free)
Elected Safety and Health Representatives and individuals who want to understand the role of SHRs.
A certificate of participation will be emailed at the end of this course.