Get onsite quickly with the AVELING WA White Card course. Under the Occupational Safety and Health Regulations 1996, an employee or self‑employed person must not do construction work at a workplace unless they hold a construction induction certificate (White Card).
This course provides you with the Unit of Competency CPCCOHS1001A Work safely in the construction industry. On successful completion participants will receive a WA White Card and a Statement of Attainment for the Unit of Competency.
Click on the State below to access the relevant White Card course:
- Identify OHS legislative requirements
- Identify construction hazards and control measures
- Identify OHS communication and reporting processes
- Identify OHS incident response procedures
AVELING conducts assurance audits of participants completing Nationally Recognised eLearning courses to verify identification and ensure the participant did the course themselves.
Participants doing Nationally Recognised eLearning courses must be subjected to AVELING’s assurance audit process within 12 months of course enrolment and successfully pass the assurance audit to complete the course and receive certification. If this does not occur, they may have to redo the course.
Who needs to do the White Card course in Western Australia?
The requirements for construction induction training apply to construction work. The definition of construction work under the Occupational Safety and Health Act 1984 and Occupational Safety and Health Regulations 1996 is very broad and picks up a wide range of activities.
Construction work is defined in the Occupational Safety and Health Regulations 1996 [Reg 1.3] as meaning:
- the construction, erection, installation, alteration, repair, maintenance, cleaning, painting, renewal, removal, excavation, dismantling or demolition of, or addition to, any building or structure, or any work in connection with any of those things, that is done at or adjacent to the place where the building or structure is located
- work on which a hoisting appliance or any scaffold or shoring is used or intended to be used
- work in driving or extracting piles, sheet piles or trench sheet
- work in laying any pipe or work in lining pipe that is done at or adjacent to the place where the pipe is laid or to be laid
- work in sinking or lining or altering, repairing, maintaining, renewing, removing or dismantling a well or borehole
- road works, earthworks or reclamation
- work in laying an underground cable that is done at or adjacent to the place where the cable is laid or to be laid
The above list is a guide only. If you have any doubts, please contact your employer or WorkSafe for clarification.
Course Delivery Charges
|Regular Domestic Post||No charge|
|Express Domestic Post||$10 incl. GST|
|Jandakot Pick up||No charge|
|International Post||$20 GST free|
$65 (GST free)
2 to 4.5 hours
Anyone who wants to work in the construction industry and those currently working in the construction industry that wish to refresh their knowledge.
This course provides you with the Unit of Competency CPCCOHS1001A Work safely in the construction industry. On successful completion participants will receive a WA White Card (posted the same business day*) and a Statement of Attainment for the Unit of Competency.
Participants must complete the AVELING assurance audit and verbal assessment process and course verification before the White Card can be issued. The assurance audit/verbal assessment is usually completed in 5 to 10 minutes, via a telephone call.