An Area Warden’s priority is the safety of facility occupants and visitors during an emergency. This course will provide you with the skills and knowledge required to effectively identify, assess and respond to workplace emergencies.
In this nationally recognised course, participants will learn the relevant legislative, industry, customer and organisational requirements, including health and safety policies and procedures.
Training includes a simulated emergency requiring a building evacuation, simulated bomb threat resulting in a search of a building, plus a written and practical assessment.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will know how to:
- Respond to emergency reports, signals and warnings;
- Initiate and control initial emergency response;
- Anticipate the further development of emergencies;
- Assist with post initial response.
Unit of Competency
PUAFER005 Operate as part of an emergency control organisation
- Comprehensive student manual
- Free flowing tea, coffee and filtered water throughout the duration of the course
- Complimentary WiFi
- Pens & notepad
- Post course support
There are no pre-requisites, however, we recommend completing the Fire Training course before attending the Area Warden course.