The Assessor Course will provide the skills and knowledge to develop assessment plans, organise the assessment process and conduct assessments. Create practical and easy to use assessment instruments using benchmarks and units of competency as your base. The program includes information on how to implement recognition of prior learning (RPL) into your assessment process and techniques on various assessment options.
Note: This course contributes towards the nationally recognised TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
Participants in this program will be able to:
- Understand the rules of evidence and principles of assessment;
- Determine assessment approaches;
- Identify modification and contextualisation requirements;
- Plan and organise assessments (including RPL tools);
- Select appropriate assessment methods;
- Conduct assessments using a structured approach; and,
- Participate in and contribute to validation outcomes.
Units of Competency:
TAEASS401 Plan assessment activities and processes
TAEASS402 Assess competence
TAEASS403 Participate in assessment validation
- Course tuition from our experienced trainers
- Comprehensive student manual
- Fully catered morning & afternoon tea
- Fully catered lunch
- Free flowing tea, coffee and filtered water throughout the duration of the course
- Complementary WiFi
- Pens & notepad
- Post course support
Upon booking to complete your first AVELING program, participants will be required to complete a LLN Learner Survey which will be reviewed prior to attending the program. Based on the outcome of the survey, AVELING may contact you to discuss options that will best suit your individual learning needs. This survey will allow AVELING to cater program delivery to meet the needs of all learners. Please note that additional costs may be incurred if literacy support is required.
“Thank you David. Happy Days! Course material exceeded my expectations, I am learning plenty and finding the content very interesting.”
Michael Whalley Fortescue Metals Group Pty Ltd
$990 (GST Free)
Anyone who wants to learn how to plan, organise and conduct competency based assessments. This includes developing assessments for nationally recognised training or vocational competencies.
For individuals completing the course only, a statement of attainment for the Units of Competency TAEASS401 Plan assessment activities and processes, TAEASS402 Assess competence, TAEASS403 Participate in assessment validation will be issued after being deemed competent having successfully:
1. Attended the course and completed all in-class assessments.
2. Completed all the relevant workplace assignments.
Workplace assignments must be submitted within 12 months of course completion.
If you have eight (8) or more participants, this course can be presented at your workplace using customised site based examples.