The Assessor Course will provide the skills and knowledge to develop assessment plans, organise the assessment process and conduct assessments. Create practical and easy to use assessment instruments using benchmarks and units of competency as your base. The program includes information on how to implement recognition of prior learning (RPL) into your assessment process and techniques on various assessment options.
AVELING has packaged this program into an intensive three-day classroom course that provides you with comprehensive learning materials including simulated exercises, plus workplace assessments to reinforce your learning.
Once you have completed this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the rules of evidence and principles of assessment;
- Determine assessment approaches;
- Identify modification and contextualisation requirements;
- Plan and organise assessments (including RPL tools);
- Select appropriate assessment methods;
- Conduct assessments using a structured approach; and,
- Participate in and contribute to validation outcomes.
- TAEASS401 Plan assessment activities and processes
- TAEASS402 Assess competence
- TAEASS403 Participate in assessment validation
This course includes three Units of Competency that contribute to the Nationally Recognised TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment qualification. The TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment has additional course entry requirements. Please see the webpage for more information if intending to complete the full qualification.
This course includes in-class and workplace assessments. Workplace assessments must be submitted within 12 months of enrolment.
- Course tuition from our experienced trainers
- Comprehensive student manual
- Fully catered morning & afternoon tea
- Fully catered lunch
- Free flowing tea, coffee and filtered water throughout the duration of the course
- Complimentary WiFi
- Pens & notepad
- Post course support
Language Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Survey
If this is your first AVELING course, you will be required to complete a Language Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) survey.
If enrolling in online delivery, this will be done as part of the enrolment process; if enrolling for in-class delivery, the survey will be emailed to you upon enrolment and must be submitted and reviewed prior to attending the program.
Based on the outcome of the survey, AVELING may contact you to discuss options that will best suit your individual learning needs. Please note that additional costs may be incurred if literacy support is required.
AVELING offers access to an Assessment Support person and free support workshops to help you progress through your course.
Your Assessment Support person can help you in the planning and preparation of your course assignments and is available via telephone or email. Workshop places are limited so bookings are essential. Please phone (08) 9379 9999 to book.
“Thank you David. Happy Days! Course material exceeded my expectations, I am learning plenty and finding the content very interesting.”
Michael Whalley Fortescue Metals Group Pty Ltd
Workplace assessments must be completed within 12 months of enrolment.
Statement of Attainment upon successful completion.