Supervisors and frontline leaders play a vital role in achieving and maintaining safety standards in the workplace. They are key advocates in promoting a culture in which safety is a priority and workplace injuries are not acceptable.
Participants will engage in a workshop on key practices and principles of health and safety at an operational level, the communication of information and the application of risk management processes. These skills will assist supervisors in creating and maintaining a safe workplace.
This program from AVELING includes Units of Competency required to satisfy the minimum BHP Billiton WAIO requirements for contract supervisors.
To complete the nationally recognised program, it is expected that the participants will have a minimum of 12 months supervisory experience.
Participants in this program will be able to:
- Use communication to liaise with clients, team members and other relevant parties;
- Manage on-site safety;
- Diagnose and solve routine and non-routine problems;
- Apply leadership principles to the team;
- Deliver a presentation to achieve meeting outcomes;
- Assess and identify unacceptable risk; and,
- Understand and apply knowledge of OHS legislation.
For this Nationally Accredited Program, participants must attend the workshop and successfully complete in-class assessments and associated case studies. On successful completion, a Statement of Attainment will be issued for the following Units of Competency:
- RIICOM301D Communicate information
- RIIRIS301D Apply risk management processes
- BSBMGT401 Show leadership in the workplace
- RIIBEF402D Supervise on-site operations
Our BHP Safety Leadership for Supervisors course is activity based workshop covering the following:
- Pre-start Meetings
- Toolbox Preparation and Presentation
- Emergency Drills
- Risk Management
- Contingency Planning
- Investigation and Incident Report
- Performance Plans and KPIs
This course includes the following activities which require demonstrated literacy skills to:
• Complete written records and reports
• Complete shift reports
• Accurately document required actions from decisions reached at meetings
• Take and record accurate measurements in writing
• Create a meeting agenda
• Develop performance plans
• Reference and understand legislation, standards and codes of practice
• Read policies and procedures
AVELING is committed to making reasonable adjustments to training and assessment to enable candidates’ to participate in our courses. Reasonable adjustments cannot fundamentally change the nature of the course requirements or impact on the integrity of the units of competency being assessed.
Persons who are intending to enrol in this course should carefully read the above and consider whether they may experience challenges in meeting these requirements. If candidates think they may experience challenges related to a disability, health condition, English as a second language or any other reason, it is strongly advised they discuss these with AVELING prior to or upon enrolment. Please Note: you may incur an additional fee if AVELING have to provide one-on-one assessment support.
$750 (GST Free)
Experienced Supervisors and Team Leaders who want to build on safety leadership skills furthering their understanding of Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) legislation and safe systems of work.
On successful completion of in-class assessments a Statement of Attainment will be issued.