Building a healthy and safe workplace requires leadership and good judgment.
You need a broad knowledge of health and safety and the ability to apply your expertise in a range of contexts. You need to be able to work effectively in industry, with the ability to influence and drive workplace safety.
To better support these requirements, AVELING has partnered with Cattani Consulting and aligned our Certificate IV qualification with The Journey Program for Safety Leaders™
This qualification covers ten units of competency and can be achieved by attending the five-day course and completing work-based assignments.
The BSB41415 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety has been superseded and due to the COVID-19 pandemic, ASQA have extended the transition period for this qualification to 1 March 2021.
To allow AVELING to issue this qualification, students must complete all units and be assessed as competent prior to 1 March 2021. If students have not completed all units by this date, then (additional) gap assessments will be provided to address the changes in the new qualification BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety.
Participants in this program will be able to develop:
- Knowledge and skills to manage injury risk
- A method to clearly and effectively communicate risk, and
- A feedback system to assess and respond to performance.
Units of Competency:
- BSBWHS402 Assist with compliance with WHS laws
- BSBWHS405 Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS management systems
- BSBWHS404 Contribute to WHS hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control
- PUAWER002B Ensure workplace emergency prevention procedures, systems and processes are implemented
- BSBWHS406 Assist with responding to incidents
- BSBWHS403 Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBMGT401 Show leadership in the workplace
- BSBWHS410 Contribute to work-related health and safety measures and initiatives
- BSBRES411 Analyse and present research information
- BSBMGT403 Implement continuous improvement
- Course tuition from our experienced trainers
- Comprehensive student materials
- Fully catered morning & afternoon tea
- Tea, coffee and filtered water throughout the duration of the course
- Complimentary WiFi
- Pens & notepad
- Post-course support including free assessment support sessions – Find out more here.
It is vital for participants to have access to a workplace to be able to complete tasks in workplace assessments (real or simulated). If you don’t have a workplace, please contact AVELING and we can look at ways to assist you complete your workplace assessments. (Charges may apply).
”Trainer was excellent, friendly, knowledgeable and encouraging”
J Cockran TAMS Group
”The whole place was extremely professional and enjoyable”‘
Brayden George R.Moore & Sons
Anyone who wants to take on responsibility for safety in the workplace and/or build a career in work health and safety.
The BSB41415 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety (WHS) - The Journey Program for Safety Leaders qualification will be issued after being deemed competent having successfully:
1. Attended the five-day course and completed all in-class assessments.
2. Completed all the relevant workplace assignments.
Workplace assignments must be submitted within 12 months of course completion.
If you have twelve (12) or more participants, this course can be presented at your workplace using customised site based examples.