Enhance your employability and career aspirations by gaining the essential skills and knowledge required to contribute towards achieving a work environment where safety and health is a focus.
The BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety (WHS) will provide you with the broad knowledge of health and safety required to work effectively across a range of WHS contexts, providing guidance to others where required.
This qualification consists of ten units of competency achieved by attending our five-day course and completing work-based assignments.
Participants in this program will be able to develop:
- Knowledge and skills to manage risk
- Methods to clearly and effectively communicate risk, and
- A feedback system to assess and respond to performance.
Units of Competency:
SESSION 1 : Compliance and WHS management systems
- BSBWHS412 Assist with workplace compliance with WHS laws
- BSBWHS415 Contribute to implementing WHS management systems
- BSBWHS418 Assist with managing WHS compliance of contractors
SESSION 2 : Workplace risk and incident management
- BSBWHS414 Contribute to WHS risk management
- BSBWHS416 Contribute to workplace incident response
- BSBWRT411 Write complex documents
SESSION 3 : Communication and consultation
- BSBWHS413 Contribute to implementation and maintenance of WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBLDR411 Demonstrate leadership in the workplace
- BSBINS401 Analyse and present research information
- BSBSTR402 Implement continuous improvement
- Comprehensive student materials
- Fully catered morning & afternoon tea
- Tea, coffee and filtered water throughout the duration of the course
- Complimentary WiFi
- Pens & notepad
- Post-course support including free assessment support sessions – Find out more here.
It is essential for participants to have access to a workplace or similar environment (e.g. community organisation) in order to complete work-based assignments (real or simulated).
”Trainer was excellent, friendly, knowledgeable and encouraging”
J Cockran TAMS Group
”The whole place was extremely professional and enjoyable”‘
Brayden George R.Moore & Sons
$1650 (GST free)
Anyone who wants to take on responsibility for safety in the workplace and/or build a career in work health and safety.
The BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety (WHS) qualification will be issued after being deemed competent having successfully:
1. Attended the five-day course and completed all in-class assessments.
2. Completed all the relevant workplace assignments.
Workplace assignments must be submitted within 12 months of course completion.
If you have twelve (12) or more participants, this course can be presented at your workplace using customised site based examples.