This program is designed to suit supervisors and leading hands who wish to develop their leadership approach, advance their personal performance and improve team effectiveness for business success. It is aligned well to individuals who accept responsibility for their own performance, and provide leadership, guidance and support to others. Ideally, candidates for this program have some responsibility for organising and monitoring the output of their team. They apply solutions to a defined range of predictable and unpredictable problems, and analyse and evaluate information from a variety of sources.
The BSB42015 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management develops emerging leaders and managers across a range of industries and organisations by using a practical approach to strengthen leadership and management capability. It is particularly well suited to those who are interested in being a Team Leader. Graduates from this program have gone on to roles ranging from clerical and administrative positions through to professional and management responsibilities.
At the end of this course, participants will gain further knowledge and skills in:
- Implementing an operational plan;
- Communicating effectively as a leader;
- Leading effective workplace relationships;
- Reviewing and improving team performance
- Leading and developing an effective team and individuals;
- Supervising team performance;
- Incorporating innovation in a team environment; and,
- Showing leadership in the workplace.
Units of Competency
This course is delivered in an intensive model, using a blended structure of Face to Face training and Online Learning and Assessments (listed below). Participants are expected to access and complete some work online, in addition to attending the course onsite at AVELING.
Participants will complete 9 units of competency face to face and 3 units of competency via our online training platform. Together all 12 units form the BSB42015 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management.
Lead, Manage and Build Productive Team units (5 days face to face):
- BSBMGT402 Implement operational plan;
- BSBMGT401 Show leadership in the workplace;
- BSBLDR401 Communicate effectively as a workplace leader;
- BSBLDR402 Lead effective workplace relationships;
- BSBLDR403 Lead team effectiveness;
- BSBINN301 Promote innovation in a team environment;
- BSBLED401 Develop teams and individuals;
- BSBRSK401 Identify risk and apply risk management processes; and,
- BSBWHS401 Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements.
Online Learning and Assessment (Online)
- Course tuition from our experienced trainers
- Comprehensive student materials
- Fully catered morning & afternoon tea
- Fully catered lunch
- Free flowing tea, coffee and filtered water throughout the duration of the course
- Complementary WiFi
- Pens & notepad
- Post course support including free assessment support sessions – Find out more here.
There are no licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication, however candidates are required to have sufficient numeracy, literacy and communication skills to read and comprehend instruction for:
- Referencing and understanding legislation, standards and codes of practice;
- Consulting and communicating with workers and employers;
- Writing reports; and,
- Accessing, searching and storing information available internally in the organisation and externally on the internet.
Assessment requirements for these units require you to be leading a team, or have access to a team you can lead.
It is also vital for participants to have access to a workplace to be able to complete tasks in workplace assessments (real or simulated). If you don’t have a workplace, please contact AVELING and we can look at ways to assist you complete your workplace assessments. (Charges may apply).
”I will be referring cert IV Leadership & Management course to my company to provide to the other supervisors & with the encouragement of having Dave Ramsay facilitate the course.”
Terri Warry Brida Pty
$1600 (GST free)
Classroom and Online
Supervisors and team leaders without formal training and anyone who is seeking career progression.
The BSB42015 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management will be issued after being deemed competent having successfully:
1. Attended the course and completed all in-class assessments.
2. Completed all the relevant online assessments.
3. Completed all the relevant workplace assignments.
Workplace assignments must be submitted within 12 months of course completion.