AVELING’s BSB51918 Diploma of Leadership and Management program is designed for managers wanting to develop their frontline objectives through performance management, continuous improvement, problem solving and concept development. This qualification has been designed for managers or leaders who can apply knowledge, practical skills and experience in leadership and management across a range of organisation and industry contexts.
Participants involved in this program will often display initiative and judgement in planning, organising, implementing and monitoring their own workload and the workload of others. They will use communication skills to support individuals and teams in meeting organisational requirements. Candidates to this program are generally involved in planning, designing, applying and evaluating solutions to unpredictable problems. This is often accomplished by identifying, analysing and integrating information from a variety of sources.
This qualification is delivered over seven days and consists of twelve Units of Competency. It is made up of two courses. Module 1 is entitled: Lead and Manage Teams and is delivered in four days. Module 2 is a three day program and is called: Planning, Innovation, WHS and Risk Management.
These courses are designed to be completed in order (Module 1 first, and Module 2 second). It is in the best interest of candidates to attend a course and successfully complete the corresponding workplace assignments before undertaking additional training. This strengthens retention of the learning as the various content areas and Units of Competency are undertaken.
Module 1 (4 days): Lead and Manage Teams
- BSBWOR502 Lead and manage team effectiveness
- BSBMGT502 Manage people performance
- BSBLDR513 Communicate with influence
- BSBADM502 Manage meetings
- BSBLDR511 Develop and use emotional intelligence
- BSBLDR502 Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
Module 2 (3 days): Planning, Innovation, WHS and Risk Management
- BSBMGT517 Manage operational plan
- BSBWOR501 Manage personal work priorities and professional development
- BSBMGT516 Facilitate continuous improvement
- BSBPMG522 Undertake project work
- BSBWHS501 Ensure a safe workplace
- BSBRSK501 Manage Risk
- Course tuition from our experienced trainers
- Comprehensive student materials
- Fully catered morning & afternoon tea
- Fully catered lunch
- Free flowing tea, coffee and filtered water throughout the duration of the course
- Complimentary WiFi
- Pens & notepad
- Post course support including free assessment support sessions – Find out more here.
There are no licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification, however candidates are required to have sufficient numeracy, literacy and communication skills to read and comprehend instruction for:
- Leading and managing a team of workers;
- Referencing and understanding legislation, standards and codes of practice;
- Consulting and communicating with workers and employers;
- Developing strategies; and,
- Writing reports.
It is also vital for participants to have access to a workplace to be able to complete tasks in workplace assignments.
Module 1 - Lead and Manage Teams: $1800 (GST free)
Module 2 - Planning, Innovation, WHS and Risk Management: $1350 (GST free)
Module 1 - Lead and Manage Teams: 4 Days
Module 2 - Planning, Innovation, WHS and Risk Management: 3 Days
This course has been designed for managers or leaders who can apply knowledge, practical skills and experience in leadership and management across a range of organisation and industry contexts.
The BSB51918 Diploma of Leadership and Management qualification will be issued after being deemed competent having successfully:
1. Attended the course and completed all in-class assessments.
2. Completed workplace assignments.
Workplace assignments must be submitted within 12 months of the face to face course completion.