AVELING’s BSB51918 Diploma of Leadership and Management is designed for managers and leaders across a range of organisation and industry contexts wanting to develop their knowledge and practical skills in leadership and management.
This qualification is Nationally Recognised, and focuses on areas such as people performance, effective communication, operational planning, continuous improvement, problem solving and concept development.
The BSB51918 Diploma of Leadership and Management consists of twelve units, delivered via two separate modules:
Module 1 (4 days): Lead and Manage Teams
- BSBWOR502 Lead and manage team effectiveness
- BSBMGT502 Manage people performance
- BSBLDR513 Communicate with influence
- BSBADM502 Manage meetings
- BSBLDR511 Develop and use emotional intelligence
- BSBLDR502 Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
Module 2 (3 days): Planning, Innovation, WHS and Risk Management
- BSBMGT517 Manage operational plan
- BSBWOR501 Manage personal work priorities and professional development
- BSBMGT516 Facilitate continuous improvement
- BSBPMG522 Undertake project work
- BSBWHS521 Ensure a safe workplace for a work area
- BSBRSK501 Manage Risk
These modules are designed to be completed in order. The 12 month enrolment period provides you with the opportunity to build on the skills and knowledge gained during your training, and to complete your workplace/distance assessments.
Please note: BSB51918 Diploma of Leadership and Management has recently been superseded by BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and Management. Our new course is under development and due for release by 19 April 2022. If you enrol in the current version, you may need to complete alternative assessments to transition to the new version. Please contact us if you have any queries or concerns.
- Effectively manage the performance and development of people
- Facilitate work teams and build a positive culture in the workplace
- Create a system and process to manage work priorities and maintain professional development
- Develop an operational plan, and monitor and review its performance
- Establish, maintain and evaluate an organisation’s work health and safety (WHS) policies, procedures and programs
- Establish, identify and treat risk in a business or industry project
- Apply communication skills when making presentations to customers, clients and stakeholders
- Course tuition from our experienced trainers
- Comprehensive student materials
- Fully catered morning & afternoon tea
- Fully catered lunch
- Free flowing tea, coffee and filtered water throughout the duration of the course
- Complimentary WiFi
- Pens & notepad
- Post course support including free additional support sessions – Find out more here.
There are no licensing, legislative or certification requirements that apply to this qualification, however it is vital for participants to have access to a workplace to be able to complete their workplace assessments.
Participants will be required to complete our Language, Literacy and Numeracy survey prior to commencing this course, to help us determine whether any support strategies may be required. A link to this survey will be included within your course confirmation information.
Module 1 - Lead and Manage Teams: $1800 (GST free)
Module 2 - Planning, Innovation, WHS and Risk Management: $1350 (GST free)
Module 1 - Lead and Manage Teams: 4 Days
Module 2 - Planning, Innovation, WHS and Risk Management: 3 Days
This course has been designed for managers or leaders who can apply knowledge, practical skills and experience in leadership and management across a range of organisation and industry contexts.
The BSB51918 Diploma of Leadership and Management qualification will be issued after you have been deemed competent and have successfully:
1. attended the course and completed all in-class activities, and;
2. completed all workplace assessments.
Workplace assessments must be submitted within 12 months of the face-to-face completion of each module.