This course covers the essential aspects of research in the workplace. It outlines the skills and knowledge required to gather, organise, analyse and present workplace information using available systems. This includes identifying research requirements and sources of information, applying information to a set of facts, evaluating the quality of the information, and preparing and producing reports and presentation to deliver conclusions and recommendations to stakeholders.
Upon successful completion of this course and the project assignments, you will attain a Statement of Attainment for the BSBRES411 Analyse and present research information unit.
This course is compulsory if you are completing the BSB42015 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management qualification and an elective if you are completing the BSB30715 Certificate III in Work Health and Safety qualification.
- Identify research requirements and objectives
- Gather, organise and present research information
- Communicate effectively with research stakeholders to clarify requirements
- Maintain and handle information and documents systematically and securely
- Preparing reports on research findings
- Use of efficient and reliable research methods
- Analyse, evaluate and interpret research information to support organisational activities
Unit of Competency
BSBRES411 Analyse and present research information
There are no licensing, legislative or certification requirements that apply to this qualification. However, candidates are required to have sufficient numeracy, literacy and communication skills to read and comprehend instructions for:
- Consulting and communicating with workers and employers
- Researching skills
- Analysing and reporting on findings
This course provides the knowledge and skills for individuals that may need to read data trends from research to establish solutions to further improve processes.
The course forms part of the following qualifications:
- BSB42015 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
- BSB30715 Certificate III in Work Health and Safety
A certificate of qualification will be issued after being deemed competent having successfully:
1. Completed the online program and all relevant online assessments; and,
2. Completed all the relevant workplace assignments.
Workplace assignments must be submitted within 12 months of course completion.