This course provides the competencies to identify the content of a learning program, how to design a program and how to review it. It also covers the knowledge and use of training packages as tools to support industry, organisation and individual competency development needs. The focus of this course is to create the skills and knowledge necessary to conceptualise, design, develop and review learning programs.
Note: This course contributes towards the nationally recognised TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
Participants in this program will be able to:
- Work within the VET framework;
- Identify and source training packages, qualifications and units of competency;
- Analyse and interpret qualifications;
- Contextualise units of competency for different learners;
- Develop program content;
- Design the structure of a learning program; and
- Analyse and interpret assessment information.
Units of Competency:
TAEDES401 Design and develop learning programs
TAEDES402 Use training packages and accredited courses to meet client needs
- Course tuition from our experienced trainers
- Comprehensive student manual
- Fully catered morning & afternoon tea
- Fully catered lunch
- Free flowing tea, coffee and filtered water throughout the duration of the course
- Complimentary WiFi
- Pens & notepad
- Post course support
Workplace Assessment Requirements
In order to complete the required workplace assessments as part of this course, you must have access to:
- a workplace or venue in which you can train and assess others;
To enrol into this qualification, you must be able to demonstrate vocational competency in your proposed area of training and assessment via:
- A qualification or Statement of Attainment related to your industry, and/or
- Your resume or an outline of your work experience.
Language Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Survey
If this is your first AVELING course, you will be required to complete a Language Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) survey.
If enrolling in online delivery, this will be done as part of the enrolment process; if enrolling for in-class delivery, the survey will be emailed to you upon enrolment and must be submitted and reviewed prior to attending the program.
Based on the outcome of the survey, AVELING may contact you to discuss options that will best suit your individual learning needs. Please note that additional costs may be incurred if literacy support is required.
AVELING offers free support services to help you complete workplace assessments that are part of a nationally recognised course or qualification. Your Assessment Support person can help you in the planning and preparation of your course assignments and is available via telephone, email, or monthly group workshops.
Free monthly workshops
Two-hour workshops are run every week at our Jandakot venue. Candidates can attend as many times as required. Places are limited so bookings are essential. Please phone (08) 9379 9999 to book.
Raj has an amazing delivery style and made it easy on the participants. He is generous of his time and knowledge. I am very happy to enrol in further units of the Cert IV hoping that Raj is the lecturer.
The cafe and administration staff are also so helpful, polite and kind. Brilliant Aveling.
$580 (GST free)
For individuals completing the course only, a statement of attainment will be issued after being deemed competent having successfully:
1. Attended the course and completed all in-class assessments.
2. Completed all the relevant workplace assignments.
Workplace assignments must be submitted within 12 months of course completion.
Anyone who is involved in the development of learning programs to meet client needs in the VET environment. It is also relevant for workplace training program coordinators.
If you have eight (8) or more participants, this course can be presented at your workplace using customised site based examples.