The Design and Develop Assessment Tools course provides you with the skills and knowledge needed to develop, review and trial assessment tools used in nationally recognised training.
You will gain an understanding of what quality evidence looks like, see how assessment tools work when used by others, and also practice receiving feedback from other assessors in a continual improvement exercise.
Upon successful completion, you will be able to:
- Determine the focus of an assessment tool;
- Understand the collection of quality evidence;
- Determine different assessment methods including RPL options;
- Appreciate the contextual assessment needs for different environments;
- Review and trial assessment tools; and,
- Address document control processes.
Upon successful completion of all learning and assessments for this course, you will receive a statement of attainment for the Nationally Recognised Unit of Competency:
TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools
This course includes one Unit of Competency that contributes to the Nationally Recognised TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment qualification. The TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment has additional course entry requirements. Please see the webpage for more information if intending to complete the full qualification.
This course includes online / in class assessments (depending on your chosen mode of delivery) and post-course workplace assessments. Workplace assessments must be submitted within 12 months of course completion.
Assurance audits for online courses
AVELING conducts assurance audits on all learners completing nationally recognised online courses to verify identification and ensure the learner completed the course themselves.
For more information, please see our Pre-Course Information.
- Course tuition from our experienced trainers
- Comprehensive student manual
- Fully catered morning & afternoon tea
- Fully catered lunch
- Free flowing tea, coffee and filtered water throughout the duration of the course
- Complimentary WiFi
- Pens & notepad
- Post course support
Workplace Assessment Requirements
In order to complete the required workplace assessments as part of this course, you must have access to:
- a workplace or venue in which you can train and assess others;
- a qualified trainer and assessor (who holds a minimum of TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment) who can support, observe and provide feedback on your assessment tasks;
To enrol into this qualification, you must be able to demonstrate vocational competency in your proposed area of training and assessment via:
- A qualification or Statement of Attainment related to your industry, and/or
- Your resume or an outline of your work experience.
Language Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Survey
If this is your first AVELING course, you will be required to complete a Language Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) survey.
If enrolling in online delivery, this will be done as part of the enrolment process; if enrolling for in-class delivery, the survey will be emailed to you upon enrolment and must be submitted and reviewed prior to attending the program.
Based on the outcome of the survey, AVELING may contact you to discuss options that will best suit your individual learning needs. Please note that additional costs may be incurred if literacy support is required.
AVELING offers free support services to help you progress through your Nationally Recognised course or qualification.
Our team can provide extra support as needed to help you in understanding the course material or assessments and are available via telephone, email, or group sessions.
The two-hour group sessions are run regularly at our Jandakot venue. You can attend as many times as you need, but places are limited and bookings are essential.
Please phone (08) 9379 9999 to book.
Online: $399 (GST free)
Classroom: $820 (GST free)
Classroom and Online
Classroom: 2 Days*
Online: self paced*
*Plus workplace assessment - must be completed within 12 months of enrolment.
Statement of Attainment
If you have eight (8) or more participants, this course can be presented at your workplace using customised site based examples.