These courses deal with Rio Tinto Iron Ore (WA) safe electrical work procedures, management of electrical and arc ﬂash hazards and the selection of correct arc ﬂash personal protective equipment (PPE). The aim is to ensure all electrical personnel remain current with changes to applicable electrical codes, technology and safe work practices.
Electrical Workers Competency (this includes Arc Flash and Low Voltage Rescue) – 6 hours
Perth – $159.50 (incl. GST)
Karratha – Price on application
Arc Flash – 2 hours
Perth – $99.00 (incl. GST)
Participants are required to have sufficient numeracy and literacy skills to read and comprehend instruction. Special language, literacy and numeracy requirements should be advised at the time of booking.
A completed Training Request Form is required prior to or on the day of the course to ensure participants are issued their cards.
We are not able to accept private bookings for Rio Tinto Iron Ore courses. Bookings for these courses should be made by your employer.
Electrical Workers Competency
- Know the minimum electrical safety requirements for electrical work on Rio Tinto Iron Ore (WA) sites
- Identify and manage electrical hazards within the designated area of work
- Test and check electrical installations
- Understand hazards associated with arc flash
- Select the correct personal protective equipment (PPE) when exposed to an arc flash
Low Voltage Rescue
- Guidelines to perform a safe rescue in the event of a low voltage electric shock.
See Course Overview
See Course Overview
On successful completion of the course participants will receive an Electrical Workers Competency Card.
All electrical personnel working on Rio Tinto Iron Ore (WA) sites. Also, non electricians potentially exposed to arc flash hazards.
Participants must bring identification
Minimum dress standard – neat casual, enclosed footwear and no singlets
Non-attendance or cancellation within two working days, will incur full cost in Perth and Karratha.