Driver fatigue kills. It is important to be aware of the dangers associated with fatigue, particularly while driving heavy vehicles, and ways to help manage the risks to keep everyone safe on the road.
This course covers the key knowledge required for drivers and operators to manage fatigue and work safely within the transport and logistics industry.
Please note: this is a general awareness course and does not provide a Nationally Recognised qualification. Enrol in TLIF0005 Apply a fatigue risk management system if you require the Nationally Recognised qualification.
Upon completion of this course, you will understand how to:
- identify and manage fatigue risk in the road transport sector;
- operate within a road transport fatigue risk management system;
- plan and navigate a heavy vehicle trip;
- comply with work and rest hours;
- update and maintain records.
The Fatigue Management Awareness for Drivers course covers eight key topics:
- What is fatigue, why manage it?
- Causes of fatigue
- Fatigue warning signs
- Fatigue management strategies
- Duty of care and workplace requirements
- Fatigue management laws
- Work and rest hour requirements
- Record keeping and work diaries