This nationally recognised course provides you with key skills and knowledge to manage your fatigue while driving within a work context.
You will learn how to identify and act on signs of fatigue and implement appropriate strategies to minimise fatigue during work activities. Examples of real life situations also help provide a solid foundation of knowledge and understanding of fatigue risks and how to manage them.
This course is intended for those who generally perform their responsibilities under supervision within a team environment.
Upon successful completion, you will receive a Statement of Attainment for the Unit of Competency TLIF2010 Apply fatigue management strategies.
Drivers operating fatigue-regulated heavy vehicles in Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria, Tasmania, South Australia, and Australian Capital Territory:
If you need to satisfy the National Heavy Vehicle Accreditation Scheme (NHVAS) Basic Fatigue Management (BFM) accreditation for drivers, you will need:
- TLIF0005 Apply a fatigue risk management system. AVELING is accredited by NHVR to deliver this unit of competency as part of the NHVAS.
If you would like any further information, please contact us.
This course provides the knowledge and skills to:
- Recognise factors and lifestyle choices which will affect fatigue;
- Identify signs of fatigue and personal early warning signs;
- Take steps to ensure effective work capability and alertness are maintained; and,
- With others, effectively implement and apply fatigue management strategies.
The structure of this course covers 7 topics:
- 1 – What is fatigue, why must it be managed?
- 2 – Causes of fatigue, how to manage it
- 3 – Fatigue management laws
- 4 – Record keeping and work diaries
- 5 – Fatigue management strategies
- 6 – Work times
- 7 – Applying fatigue management strategies
Units of Competency
TLIF2010 Apply fatigue management strategies
Assessments must be submitted within 6 months of enrolment.
AVELING conducts telephone assurance audits on all learners completing nationally recognised online courses to verify identification and ensure the learner completed the course themselves. The audit must take place within 30 days of course completion.
For more information, please see our Pre-Course Information.
$99 (GST free)
A Statement of Attainment will be issued upon successful completion.
This course is designed for drivers and other people involved in road transport.