Once a fire starts, every second counts.
It’s important to act quickly. Did you know that there are different fire extinguishers for different types of fire?
Learn the fundamentals of fire theory and the core knowledge of how to use firefighting equipment. This course also provides guidance about fire prevention.
- Obtain decision-making skills for correct first response to fire emergencies
- Understand fire theory – how it starts, spreads and how it can be extinguished
- Identify classes of fires and types of fire extinguishers
- Understand how to correctly use fire extinguishers, blankets and hose reels
- Perform fire risk assessments
- Understand fire prevention requirements
Topic 1 – First Response
Section 1 – R.A.C.E.
Section 2 – Risk Factors that Impact on R.A.C.E.
Topic 2 – Fire Theory
Section 1 – Recognising Fire
Section 2 – Fire Triangle
Section 3 – Fire Tetrahedron
Section 4 – Four Methods of Extinguishing Fires
Section 5 – Heat Transfer – Four Ways a Fire Spreads
Topic 3 – Types of Fires and Fire Extinguishers
Section 1 – Classes of Fires
Section 2 – Types of Fire Extinguishers
Section 3 – Secondary Damage
Topic 4 – Using Fire Extinguishers, Blankets and Hose Reels
Section 1 – How to Use a Fire Extinguisher
Section 2 – How to Use a Fire Blanket
Section 3 – How to Use a Fire Hose Reel
Topic 5 – Fight or Flight
Section 1 – Fight or flight
Section 2 – Risk Assessment
Section 3 – What to Do When a Fire Starts
Topic 6 – Prevention and Communication
Section 1 – Fire Prevention
Section 2 – Inspections
Section 3 – Incident Reports
Section 4 – Communication and Providing Effective Service
$55 (incl. GST)
Anyone who may need to use portable fire fighting equipment or is interested in fire safety.
A Certificate of Participation will be emailed at the end of the course.