With workplace health and safety laws regularly being updated or implemented, it can be hard for everyone in the workplace (including employers, PCBUs and workers) to know the latest regulatory requirements and responsibilities. This course is applicable to all states and territories in Australia.
Topic 1 – The Legal Framework
- The OSH or WHS legal framework
- The OSH or WHS Act
- The OSH or WHS Regulations
- Supporting documents
Topic 2 – Duty of Care
- Key persons under the OSH or WHS Act
- Employer or PCBU duty of care
- Shared duty of care
- Worker duties
- Duties of manufacturers
Topic 3 – Consultation, Representation and Communication
- General duty of care
- Role of health and safety representatives
- Role of health and safety committees
- Workers’ right to cease/refuse unsafe work
$77 (incl. GST)
A Certificate of Participation will be emailed at the end of the course.
Persons working under the Work Health and Safety (WHS) or Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) Act and Regulations - including most employers, employees and others who need information about these laws.