If you work in road transport, chances are you may need to know how to restrain loads and you want to make sure they don’t shift or fall off while being transported.
This course will provide crucial safety awareness knowledge for those involved with loading, unloading, transportation and movement of cargo and freight by road. You’ll gain an understanding of the main options for restraining loads, how to calculate how much restraint is required and the safety considerations you need to take into account.
Please note: this is an awareness course that will not qualify you to restrain loads, transport them or calculate requirements surrounding these.
- Forces acting on moving vehicles and their loads
- Forces acting on loads
- Acceleration, braking and cornering
- Minimum load restraint requirements
- Loading and driving heavy vehicles
- Choosing a vehicle
- Loading and unloading safety
- Load positioning
- Unstable loads
- Load shift
- Load tie-down method
- Tie-down method of restraint
- Tensioning lashings
- Tie-down angle
- Surface friction
- Calculating how many restraints are required
- Direct and combined restraint methods
- Containing loads
- Blocking loads
- Attaching loads
- Twist locks and combining load restraints
$77 (incl GST)
Anyone involved in road transport, particularly where load restraint awareness is critical for safety.
A Certificate of Participation will be emailed at the end of the course.