Change is an inevitable part of our lives. Change can excite people who love opportunities for growth, to see and learn about new things, or who like to shift the status quo.
Some changes, however, are harder to adjust to and lead to expressions of resistance and anger. We can take concrete steps to make change more palatable by understanding people’s hesitation, enlisting the help of others, setting up plans and managing stressors.
In this course, you’ll learn about the concept of change and how to adapt to it, and then how to identify and implement suitable strategies for it in the workplace.
- Accept that there are no normal or abnormal ways of reacting to change, but that we must start from where we are
- See change not as something to be feared and resisted but as an essential element of the world to be accepted
- Understand that adapting to change is not technical but attitudinal. Change is not an intellectual issue but one that strikes at who you are
- Recognise that before we can embrace the way things will be, we may go through a process of grieving and of letting go of the way things used to be
- Identify strategies for the acceptance of change and implementation in the workplace
- Course tuition from our experienced trainers
- Comprehensive student manual
- Fully catered morning & afternoon tea
- Fully catered lunch
- Free flowing tea, coffee and filtered water throughout the duration of the course
- Complementary WiFi
- Pens & notepad
- Post course support
$295 (incl. GST)
Anyone who needs to understand the fundamentals of change management.
A certificate of participation will be emailed at the end of the course.