AVELING’s Maritime Dangerous Goods Courses are developed by Exis Technologies, in collaboration with the International Maritime Organization, and are approved by AMSA.
This course is is aimed at booking office staff, administrators, customer and/or business services support staff. It provides training at a function-specific level for these personnel and others with similar functions requiring a sound working knowledge of the IMDG Code. It will provide you with the knowledge and skills needed to fulfil the obligations outlined under the International Maritime Dangerous Goods (IMDG) Code.
This course is compliant to Amendment 40-20 of the IMDG Code, which is mandatory from 1 June 2022 but may be applied by Administrations in whole or in part on a voluntary basis from 1 January 2021.
The course provides:
- An introduction to the IMDG Code
- An overview of the IMDG Code general provisions
- An overview of dangerous goods classification and identification provisions
- An overview on package marking and labelling requirements
- An overview of CTU marking and placarding requirements
- In-depth training on documentation requirements and completion procedures
- An overview of stowage requirements
- An overview of segregation requirements
- An overview of the requirements for limited quantities and excepted quantities shipments
- An overview of additional provisions concerning transport, including emergency response provisions
There is an end-of-course test, the score for which is recorded and included on your course completion certificate.
$250 (incl. GST)
On successful completion of an assessment and obtaining a score of 75% or more, a Certificate of Course Completion will be issued, which can be printed. If requested, participants may be required to provide this certificate to their manager, supervisor or employer.
Booking office staff, administrators, customer and/or business services support staff. It provides training at a function-specific level for these personnel and others with similar functions requiring a sound working knowledge of the IMDG Code.