Gain the knowledge and skills to sell and serve alcohol responsibly, in compliance with liquor laws and as required by your workplace’s policies and procedures.
Our Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) course looks at how to apply harm-minimisation strategies that reduce the likelihood customers will become intoxicated, by identifying those who are consuming alcohol irresponsibly or showing signs of intoxication and stopping serving them.
Through interactive content and realistic scenarios, you’ll learn how to effectively:
- Serve standard-sized drinks and assist customers to drink within appropriate limits
- Manage customers who are intoxicated or disorderly
- Deal with juveniles and prevent them from consuming or obtaining alcohol
Unit of Competency:
SITHFAB002 Provide responsible service of alcohol
- Sell or serve alcohol responsibly
- Assist customers to drink within appropriate limits
- Assess alcohol-affected customers and identify customers to whom sale or service must be refused
- Implement harm minimisation strategies to minimise the likelihood of customer intoxication, e.g. by promoting food, low-strength drinks and non-alcoholic drinks
- Monitor customer behaviour and refuse service to intoxicated patrons in a polite manner, stating reasons for refusal
AVELING conducts assurance audits of participants completing Nationally Recognised eLearning courses to verify identification and ensure the participant did the course themselves.
Participants doing Nationally Recognised eLearning courses must be subjected to AVELING’s assurance audit process within 12 months of course enrolment and successfully pass the assurance audit to complete the course and receive certification. If this does not occur, they may have to redo the course
Is RSA training mandatory in WA?
The RSA course is mandatory by Law for all persons serving or supplying alcohol.
In addition, under the Liquor Licensing Act 1990, licensees must ensure that staff employed to serve liquor must undertake RSA training within three months of commencing employment.
Is AVELING’s course approved in WA?
This course fulfils Western Australia’s mandatory RSA training requirements.
$55 (GST free)
Anyone who serves, supplies or sells alcohol on licensed premises, including licensees.
A Statement of Attainment will be issued for the Unit of Competency SITHFAB002 Provide responsible service of alcohol after being deemed competent having successfully:
1. Completed all relevant online components
2. Completed all assessments
Assessments must be completed within 12 months of enrolment into the online training.