This course updates the skills of Safety and Health Representatives (SHRs) to effectively promote safety in the workplace and carry out responsibilities outlined in the relevant legislation.
Participants in this course will be able to:
- Reinforce objectives outlined in the legislation
- Understand recent legislative amendments and how to apply them in the workplace
- Communicate information on safety and health issues
- Represent employees in matters of safety and health
- Resolve conflict and issue Provisional Improvement Notices (PINs) in their role as a SHR
Participants must have completed the five-day Safety and Health Representatives (Introductory) course before they can attend the refresher course.
There are no formal assessments or written tests.
Participants will be expected to take part in activities and demonstrate key skills and knowledge throughout the course.
Language, Literacy and Numeracy: To keep this course accessible, individuals who identify with language, literacy or other disabilities will be interviewed by the Trainer/Assessor to establish the most appropriate support mechanisms to be put into place. Such support could include additional time to complete written work, the use of a support person during assessment or access to a LLN specialist.
$550 (GST free)
Existing SHRs wanting to update their knowledge and skills on the latest safety legislation.
A certificate of participation will be emailed at the end of this course.