The TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment provides the skills and knowledge to train, assess and achieve a nationally recognised qualification. AVELING offers trainers and assessors optimal program content, state of the art facilities, experienced trainers and outstanding assessment services to create an ideal learning environment.
Participants in this program will be able to:
- Design and develop learning programs;
- Plan assessment activities and processes;
- Design and develop creative assessment tools and instruments, including recognition of prior learning;
- Conduct assessments;
- Understand the VET Framework and terminology;
- Enhance presenting skills to different learner groups;
- Analyse LLN requirements and develop strategies to address gaps; and,
- Design individual learning pathways through coaching sessions.
The ten (10) Units of Competency from the qualification are clustered into four content areas as described below:
The Design, Develop and Plan a Course provides the competencies to identify the content of a learning program, how to design a program and how to review it. It also covers the knowledge and use of training packages as tools to support industry, organisational and individual competency development needs.
The Assessor Course focuses on developing assessment plans, organising the assessment process and conducting assessments. Create practical assessment instruments using benchmarks and units of competency and expand your assessment options by understanding when to use the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) process.
The Trainer Course provides the skills and knowledge to effectively communicate and deliver training materials to groups and individuals in the workplace. This includes competence in planning, organising and delivering informative and practical training sessions.
The Advanced Assessor Course is intended to provide experienced practitioners with a deepened understanding of formative and summative assessment and to enhance skills in the application of Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) practices.
You can enrol and receive additional information for each content area by clicking on the links below:
|Content Area||Units of Competency|
|Design, Develop and Plan a Course||
|Advanced Assessor Course||
Note: To be booked on to this course learners must provide evidence that they hold the 3 assessor units or provide evidence they have attended the Assessor Course:*
- Course tuition from our experienced trainers
- Comprehensive student materials
- Fully catered morning & afternoon tea
- Fully catered lunch
- Free flowing tea, coffee and filtered water throughout the duration of the course
- Complementary WiFi
- Pens & notepad
- Post course support including free assessment support sessions – Find out more here.
To enrol into this qualification, you must provide evidence of vocational competency in your proposed area of training and assessment. Evidence may include:
- A copy of a Statement of Attainment or qualification for nationally recognised training issued by an RTO; or
- USI Transcript (you must provide AVELING access to these records via the USI portal); or
- One of the following that shows you have performed particular vocational skills for a period of no less than 6 months
– Resume and AVELING third party report
– Job Description and AVELING third party report
– Verification of Competency completed by an employer
It is also vital for participants to have access to a workplace and to a person who holds the TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment qualification or equivalent. If you don’t have a workplace or access to a qualified person, please contact AVELING and we can look at ways to assist you complete your workplace assignments. (Charges may apply).
Upon booking to complete your first AVELING program, participants will be required to complete a LLN Learner Survey which will be reviewed prior to attending the program. Based on the outcome of the survey, AVELING may contact you to discuss options that will best suit your individual learning needs. This survey will allow AVELING to cater program delivery to meet the needs of all learners. Please note that additional costs may be incurred if literacy support is required.
AVELING’s Competitive Advantage
AVELING takes a holistic approach in the design and delivery of units and courses within the Training and Assessment suite of programs. We optimise the learning delivery time by sequencing units and courses in flexible program options. Our world class facilities, experienced trainers, comprehensive learning materials and outstanding assessment support capabilities culminate in training and assessment programs where the learner feels fully supported along the journey. Not only will participants have an experiential program engagement with the trainer, but the AVELING learning cohort will link you to other training and assessment practitioners with whom you’ll have a deep learning experience.
TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment:
$3890 (GST Free)
Design, Develop and Plan a Course:
$580 (GST Free)
$990 (GST Free)
$1500 (GST Free)
Advanced Assessor Course:
$820 (GST Free)
These programs are intended for individuals who have skills and experience in a particular field who would like to complete a training and assessment qualification.
A certificate of qualification will be issued after being deemed competent having successfully:
1. Attended the courses and completed all in-class assessments.
2. Completed all the relevant workplace assignments.
Workplace assignments must be submitted within 12 months of course completion.
Please contact AVELING at email@example.com to enquire about your training needs based on your experience and qualifications.