The TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment provides the skills and knowledge to train, assess and achieve a nationally recognised qualification. AVELING offers trainers and assessors optimal program content, state of the art facilities, experienced trainers and outstanding assessment services to create an ideal learning environment.
The ten (10) Units of Competency that form this qualification are clustered into five content areas as outlined below:
The Design, Develop and Plan a Course provides the competencies to identify the content of a learning program, how to design a program and how to review it. It also covers the knowledge and use of training packages as tools to support industry, organisational and individual competency development needs.
The Trainer Course provides the skills and knowledge to effectively communicate and deliver training materials to groups and individuals in the workplace. This includes competence in planning, organising and delivering informative and practical training sessions.
The Assessor Skill Set focuses on developing assessment plans, organising the assessment process and conducting assessments, including understanding of formative and summative assessment. Create practical assessment instruments using benchmarks and units of competency and expand your assessment options by understanding when to use the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) process.
The Language, Literacy and Numeracy Skills is intended to analyse the LLN requirements of participants, identify any LLN skill gaps, develop strategies to address the gaps and evaluate their effectiveness.
Associated Units of Competency for each module are outlined below:
|Content Area||Duration||Units of Competency|
|Design, Develop and Plan a Course||3 days||
|Trainer Course||3 days||
|Assessor Skill Set||5 days||
|Language, Literacy and Numeracy Skills||Online||
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Design and develop learning programs;
- Plan assessment activities and processes;
- Design and develop creative assessment tools and instruments, including recognition of prior learning;
- Conduct assessments;
- Understand the VET Framework and terminology;
- Enhance presenting skills to different learner groups;
- Analyse LLN requirements and develop strategies to address gaps; and,
- Design individual learning pathways through coaching sessions.
- Course tuition from our experienced trainers
- Comprehensive student materials
- Fully catered morning & afternoon tea
- Fully catered lunch
- Free flowing tea, coffee and filtered water throughout the duration of the course
- Complimentary WiFi
- Pens & notepad
- Post course support including free assessment support sessions – Find out more here.
Workplace Assessment Requirements
In order to complete the required workplace assessments as part of this course, you must have access to:
- a workplace or venue in which you can train and assess others;
- a qualified trainer and assessor (who holds a minimum of TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment) who can support, observe and provide feedback on your assessment tasks;
- a group of at least eight people in the workplace to whom you can deliver two 40-minute and one 20-minute face-to-face training sessions;
- two people in the workplace to whom you can provide one-on-one coaching (through regular meetings over a period of time).
To enrol into this qualification, you must be able to demonstrate vocational competency in your proposed area of training and assessment via:
- A qualification or Statement of Attainment in your industry, and/or
- Your resume or an outline of your work experience.
Language Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Survey
If this is your first AVELING course, you will be required to complete a Language Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) survey.
If enrolling in online delivery, this will be done as part of the enrolment process; if enrolling for in-class delivery, the survey will be emailed to you upon enrolment and must be submitted and reviewed prior to attending the program.
Based on the outcome of the survey, AVELING may contact you to discuss options that will best suit your individual learning needs. Please note that additional costs may be incurred if literacy support is required.
Certificate IV learner requirements
It is expected that learners applying to a Certificate IV level course meet the following requirements:
- Over 18 years of age
- Minimum of 11 years of schooling, Certificate III qualification or equivalent work experience
- Professional working proficiency in English
- Ability to access and use technology to create business documents
AVELING offers free support services to help you progress through your Nationally Recognised course or qualification.
Our team can provide extra support as needed to help you in understanding the course material or assessments and are available via telephone, email, or group sessions.
The two-hour group sessions are run regularly at our Jandakot venue. You can attend as many times as you need, but places are limited and bookings are essential.
Please phone (08) 9379 9999 to book.
$3915 (GST free)
12 months (11 days in class)
Qualification: TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
Please contact AVELING at email@example.com to enquire about your training needs based on your experience and qualifications.