IMPORTANT INFORMATION – Trainer and Assessor credentials
The new Trainer and Assessor credential requirements came into effect 1 July 2019. All trainers and assessors within the VET Sector must now have:
- the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, or
- a diploma or higher level qualification in adult education, or
- the TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, plus:
- either TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills, or its successor, or TAELLN401A Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills, and
- either TAEASS502 Design and Develop Assessment Tools, or its successor, or TAEASS502A Design and Develop Assessment Tools, or TAEASS502B Design and Develop Assessment Tools.
This course describes the skills and knowledge a vocational trainer or assessor requires to identify language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) skill requirements of training and the work environment. It also covers the use of resources and strategies that meet the needs of the learner group.
Note: Competence in this unit does not indicate that a person is a qualified specialist adult language, literacy or numeracy practitioner.
Participants in this program will be able to:
- Analyse LLN requirements;
- Select and use resources and strategies to address LLN skill requirements;
- Identify cultural and social sensitivities relevant to communicating with individuals who are identified as requiring LLN support;
- Access specialist LLN support where required; and,
- Evaluate effectiveness of learning support and assessment strategies in addressing LLN requirements.
Unit of Competency:
TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills.
Note: This unit contributes towards the nationally recognised qualification TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this unit.
$250 online (GST Free)
Online - self paced with up to 12 months to complete workplace assessments
The program is catered for individuals who teach, train, assess and develop resources.
For individuals completing the course only, a statement of attainment will be issued after being deemed competent having successfully:
1. Completed the online course
2. Completed all the online tasks.
Please note - You will need access to colleagues/friends to allow you to complete the online tasks.
If you have eight (8) or more participants, this course can be presented at your workplace using customised site based examples.