This course describes the skills and knowledge a vocational trainer or assessor requires to identify language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) skill requirements of training and the work environment. It also covers the use of resources and strategies that meet the needs of the learner group.
Note: Competence in this unit does not indicate that a person is a qualified specialist adult language, literacy or numeracy practitioner.
Participants in this program will be able to:
- Analyse LLN requirements;
- Select and use resources and strategies to address LLN skill requirements;
- Identify cultural and social sensitivities relevant to communicating with individuals who are identified as requiring LLN support;
- Access specialist LLN support where required; and,
- Evaluate effectiveness of learning support and assessment strategies in addressing LLN requirements.
Unit of Competency:
- TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills.
Note: This unit contributes towards the nationally recognised qualification TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
Pre-requisites to LLN
While there are no prerequisites for the TAELLN411 unit, when used as a component of a training and assessment program, it is desirable that you are a trainer or assessor with sound language, literacy and numeracy skills and basic computer skills.
This course is also required by those holding TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment and undertaking the unit as part of our Upgrade to the new TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
AVELING’s Competitive Advantage
AVELING takes a holistic approach in the design and delivery of units and courses within the Training and Assessment suite of programs. We optimise the learning delivery time by sequencing units and courses in flexible program options. Our world class instructional design team, comprehensive learning materials and outstanding assessment support capabilities culminate in training and assessment programs where the learner feels fully supported along the journey.
$250 online (GST Free)
$395 classroom (GST Free)
Online - Self Paced
Classroom - 1 Day
Classroom and Online
The program is catered for individuals who teach, train, assess and develop resources.
For individuals completing the course only, a statement of attainment will be issued after being deemed competent having successfully:
1. Attended the course and completed all in-class assessments.
2. Completed all the relevant workplace assignments
Workplace assignments must be submitted within 12 months of course completion.
If you have eight (8) or more participants, this course can be presented at your workplace using customised site based examples.