This two-day course is for those newly promoted to the role of supervisor or team leader, or who are interested in moving into a supervisory position.
The New Supervisor is designed to help participants overcome the many challenges that they may encounter as a workplace leader.
It will help you learn how to deal with day-to-day issues in a productive and supportive environment, and smooth the transition as you take the next step in your career.
At the end of this workshop, you will be better able to:
- Adjust to the supervisor’s role with confidence
- Identify key behaviours and motivators that you can develop to enhance your supervisory skills
- Identify two different leadership models and explore ways to use this knowledge to improve your team’s performance
- Develop your skills in listening, asking questions, resolving conflict, and giving feedback to employees
- Use time management and planning techniques to maximise your success
- Develop a technique for giving instructions that are clear and understood
- Understand the importance of developing good relationships with employees and peers, so you are seen as fair and consistent
- Course tuition from our experienced trainers
- Comprehensive student manual
- Fully catered morning & afternoon tea
- Fully catered lunch
- Free flowing tea, coffee and filtered water throughout the duration of the course
- Complimentary WiFi
- Pens & notepad
- Post course support
Pre Course Work for Candidates
Before attending the course please download the Lumina Splash App. It can be found at either:
You don’t need to do anything else apart from download the app prior to the course. During the course you will create your own Lumina Splash. If you don’t have a mobile phone – don’t worry we will be able to work around this.
“Clive was a great trainer. Helped me learn a lot more about supervising. ”