Are you passionate about helping others to succeed?
The Trainer Course provides you with the skills and knowledge to effectively communicate, facilitate learning and deliver training to groups and individuals within the classroom and the workplace.
You will learn how to plan, organise and conduct training sessions as well as coach and mentor individuals through tailored workplace learning pathways.
The Trainer course is delivered in the classroom over 3 days, plus workplace assessments.
Once you have completed this course, you will be able to:
- Understand adult learning principles;
- Prepare creative and interesting session plans;
- Deliver and facilitate training sessions;
- Monitor and document learner progress;
- Develop and implement work-based learning pathways; and
- Maintain and develop learning relationships through coaching.
Upon successful completion of all learning and assessments for this course, you will receive a statement of attainment for the three Nationally Recognised Units of Competency:
- TAEDEL401 Plan, organise and deliver group-based learning
- TAEDEL402 Plan, organise and facilitate learning in the workplace
- BSBCMM401 Make a presentation
This course includes three Units of Competency that contribute to the Nationally Recognised TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment qualification. The TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment has additional course entry requirements. Please see the webpage for more information if intending to complete the full qualification.
Once you have completed the learning component you will complete workplace assessments which consist of knowledge questions and practical tasks.
As part of the practical activities, you are required to run three observed training sessions and two individual coaching sessions. You will need a qualified observer with at least a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment TAE40116, who can observe you running the training and complete a report on your behalf.
You will also need at least eight people to be your ‘participants’ as you deliver the training sessions, and two for the individual coaching sessions.
All participants will receive a comprehensive student manual and free assessment support.
In-class participants will also receive:
- Fully catered morning & afternoon tea and lunch
- Free flowing tea, coffee and filtered water throughout the duration of the course
- Complimentary WiFi
- Pens & notepad
For more details before you begin your course, please read our pre-course information.
Workplace Assessment Requirements
In order to complete the required workplace assessments as part of this course, you must have access to:
- a workplace or venue in which you can train and assess others;
- a qualified trainer and assessor (who holds a minimum of TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment) who can support, observe and provide feedback on your assessment tasks;
- a group of at least eight people in the workplace to whom you can deliver two 40-minute and one 20-minute face-to-face training sessions;
- two people in the workplace to whom you can provide one-on-one coaching (through regular meetings over a period of time).
Language Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Survey
If this is your first AVELING course, you will be required to complete a Language Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) survey.
If enrolling in online delivery, this will be done as part of the enrolment process; if enrolling for in-class delivery, the survey will be emailed to you upon enrolment and must be submitted and reviewed prior to attending the program.
Based on the outcome of the survey, AVELING may contact you to discuss options that will best suit your individual learning needs. Please note that additional costs may be incurred if literacy support is required.
AVELING offers access to an Assessment Support person and free support workshops to help you progress through your course.
Your Assessment Support person can help you in the planning and preparation of your course assignments and is available via telephone or email. Workshop places are limited so bookings are essential. Please phone (08) 9379 9999 to book.
“Jean was very friendly and patient. Her knowledge of the subject is outstanding.”
Rob Wood, FMG
“I really enjoyed the week in the classroom, Clive is engaging and gives lots of practical examples. I am looking forward to the rest of the classes! Thank you!”
Leah Moore, Digit Books
Statement of Attainment upon successful completion.