The Trainer Course provides the skills and knowledge to effectively communicate and deliver training materials to groups and individuals in the workplace. This includes competence in planning, organising and delivering informative and practical training sessions. Learners will also receive opportunities to practice coaching skills and offer guidance to plan, organise and facilitate learning pathways for individuals using real work activities.
This course contributes to the nationally recognised qualification TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
Participants in this course will be able to:
- Understand adult learning principles;
- Analyse language literacy and numeracy requirements;
- Select and use resources and strategies to address LLN skill requirements;
- Identify cultural and social sensitivities relevant to communicating with individuals;
- Interpret the learning environment and delivery requirements;
- Prepare creative and interesting session plans;
- Deliver and facilitate training sessions;
- Monitor and document learner progress;
- Develop and implement work-based learning pathways; and
- Maintain and develop learning relationships through coaching.
Units of Competency:
TAEDEL401 Plan, organise and deliver group-based learning
TAEDEL402 Plan, organise and facilitate learning in the workplace
TAELLN411 Address adult language literacy and numeracy skills
BSBCMM401 Make a presentation
On the last day of the Trainer Course participants have to present a training session to the rest of the class. The presentation will be between 30-40 minutes and people can bring their laptop or any other resources that they may want to use. We recommend participants select a topic they are familiar with as it will make it easier to prepare their session.
- Course tuition from our experienced trainers
- Comprehensive student manual
- Fully catered morning & afternoon tea
- Fully catered lunch
- Free flowing tea, coffee and filtered water throughout the duration of the course
- Complimentary WiFi
- Pens & notepad
- Post course support
Upon booking to complete your first AVELING program, participants will be required to complete a LLN Learner Survey which will be reviewed prior to attending the program. Based on the outcome of the survey, AVELING may contact you to discuss options that will best suit your individual learning needs. This survey will allow AVELING to cater program delivery to meet the needs of all learners. Please note that additional costs may be incurred if literacy support is required.
AVELING offers free support services to help you complete workplace assessments that are part of a nationally recognised course or qualification. Your Assessment Support person can help you in the planning and preparation of your course assignments and is available via telephone, email, one-on-one meetings or monthly group workshops.
Free monthly workshops
Workshops are run every month at our Jandakot venue between 9.00am-11.00am. Candidates can attend as many times as required. Places are limited so bookings are essential. Please phone (08) 9379 9999 to book.
”Jean was very friendly and patient. Her knowledge of the subject is outstanding.”
Rob Wood FMG
“I really enjoyed the week in the classroom, Clive is engaging and gives lots of practical examples. I am looking forward to the rest of the classes! Thank you!”
Leah Moore Digit Books
$1500 (GST Free)
Those required to develop presentation materials in the workplace to present group training sessions or provide one-on-one coaching to individuals.
For individuals completing the course only, a statement of attainment for the Units of Competency
TAEDEL401 Plan, organise and deliver group-based learning,
TAEDEL402 Plan, organise and facilitate learning in the workplace,
TAELLN411 Address adult language literacy and numeracy skills and
BSBCMM401 Make a presentation - will be issued after being deemed competent having successfully:
1. Attended the course and completed all in-class assessments; and,
2. Completed all the relevant workplace assignments.
Workplace assignments must be submitted within 12 months of course completion.
If you have eight (8) or more participants, this course can be presented at your workplace using customised site based examples.