The Trainer Course provides the skills and knowledge to effectively communicate and deliver training materials to groups and individuals in the workplace. This includes competence in planning, organising and delivering informative and practical training sessions. Learners will also receive opportunities to practice coaching skills and offer guidance to plan, organise and facilitate learning pathways for individuals using real work activities.
This course contributes to the nationally recognised qualification TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
Participants in this course will be able to:
- Understand adult learning principles;
- Analyse language literacy and numeracy requirements;
- Select and use resources and strategies to address LLN skill requirements;
- Identify cultural and social sensitivities relevant to communicating with individuals;
- Interpret the learning environment and delivery requirements;
- Prepare creative and interesting session plans;
- Deliver and facilitate training sessions;
- Monitor and document learner progress;
- Develop and implement work-based learning pathways; and
- Maintain and develop learning relationships through coaching.
Units of Competency:
- TAEDEL401 Plan, organise and deliver group-based learning;
- TAEDEL402 Plan, organise and facilitate learning in the workplace;
- TAELLN411 Address adult language literacy and numeracy skills; and,
- BSBCMM401 Make a presentation.
Learners entering into this qualification must be able to demonstrate vocational competency in their proposed training area(s). This includes familiarity with the content of their vocation and relevant current experience in that industry.
It is also vital for you to have access to a workplace and access to a person who holds the TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment qualification. If you don’t have a workplace or access to a qualified person, you can contact AVELING and we can look at ways to assist you complete your workplace assignments. Additional fees may apply.
Upon booking to complete their first AVELING program, learners will be required to complete a Learner Survey which will be reviewed prior to attending the program. Based on the outcome of the survey, AVELING may contact you to discuss options that will best suit your individual learning needs. Participants will also complete an LLN survey which will assist AVELING to cater program delivery to meet the needs of all learners. Additional costs may be incurred if literacy support is required.
AVELING’s Competitive Advantage
AVELING takes a holistic approach in the design and delivery of units and courses within the Training and Assessment suite of programs. We optimise the learning delivery time by sequencing units and courses in flexible program options. Our world class facilities, experienced trainers, comprehensive learning materials and outstanding assessment support capabilities culminate in training and assessment programs where the learner feels fully supported along the journey. Not only will participants have an experiential program engagement with the trainer, but the AVELING learning cohort will link you to other training and assessment practitioners with whom you’ll have a deep learning experience.
$1500 (GST Free)
Those required to develop presentation materials in the workplace to present group training sessions or provide one-on-one coaching to individuals.
For individuals completing the course only, a statement of attainment will be issued after being deemed competent having successfully:
1. Attended the course and completed all in-class assessments; and,
2. Completed all the relevant workplace assignments.
Workplace assignments must be submitted within 12 months of course completion.
If you have eight (8) or more participants, this course can be presented at your workplace using customised site based examples.