IMPORTANT INFORMATION – Trainer and Assessor credentials
The Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015 updated credential requirements for trainers and assessors will be implemented on 1 July 2019. As the deadline draws near for people looking to meet the new credential requirements, candidates who enrol in June courses may not have enough time to complete their post-course assessments and get them assessed before this deadline.
We are still accepting bookings for the Advanced Assessor Course (TAEASS502) and Language Literacy and Numeracy Course (TAELLN411), however we cannot guarantee marking of assessments prior to 30 June 2019.
We recognise the pressure people are under to achieve the required credentials by the deadline. However, we are committed to supporting candidates who have already attended our courses and are in the process of getting their evidence assessed.
Holders of the TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment have a unique opportunity to add to their their credentials, meeting the new trainer and assessor requirements, by pursuing our Update Program.
In accordance with Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015, in addition to holding the TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, you will need to hold either one of the following:
- TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills
- TAELLN401A Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills
Plus one of the following:
- TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools
- TAEASS502A Design and develop assessment tools
- TAEASS502B Design and develop assessment tools.
Some trainers and assessors who hold the TAE40110 may have completed one or more of the relevant units as electives or as part of ongoing professional development. If you do not currently hold the relevant units, you will need to complete them before 1 July 2019 to meet the new requirements.
AVELING Update Program will meet the above by proving the following TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment units of competency:
- TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills (if not already achieved in earlier training and assessment activities);
- TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools (Advanced Assessor Course).
By completing these additional units, you will meet the minimum requirements to deliver and/or assess nationally recognised training for/or in partnership with a Registered Training Organisation, as defined by the Standards for RTOs 2015. Please note that some RTOs may require their trainer and assessors hold the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment. If you require the full qualification, refer to the Upgrade TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment course for more information.
Note: If you hold a Training and Assessment qualification, other than the TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, please contact AVELING at: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on the ideal program for you.
Note: If you don’t have any previous training and assessment qualifications, please go to TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment for further information.
The learning outcomes for the two Units of Competency in the Update Program are shown below:
Course 1 – Participants in this Language, Literacy and Numeracy Course will be able to:
- Analyse LLN requirements;
- Select and use resources and strategies to address LLN skill requirements;
- Identify cultural and social sensitivities relevant to communicating with individuals who are identified as requiring LLN support;
- Access specialist LLN support where required; and,
- Evaluate effectiveness of learning support and assessment strategies in addressing LLN requirements.
For more information and to enrol in the Language, Literacy and Numeracy course (1 day or online), click here.
Course 2 – Participants in the Advanced Assessor Course* will be able to:
- Understand the collection of quality evidence;
- Be able to strengthen their application of formative and summative assessment; and,
- Develop enhanced skills in recognition of prior learning assessment.
For more information and to enrol in the Advanced Assessor Course (2 days), click here.
*Note: Participants are encouraged to have assessor units before enrolling in the Advanced Assessor Course. See details in the “more information” section below.
|Course Name||Units of Competency|
|Language, Literacy and Numeracy Course||
|Advanced Assessor Course||
Before enrolling in the Advanced Assessor Course, you must:
- have attended the Assessor Course; or
- provide a Statement of Attainment for the three assessment units in the Assessor Course; or
- provide a copy of your certification (including Record of Results) for TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
Upon booking to complete your first AVELING program, participants will be required to complete a LLN Learner Survey which will be reviewed prior to attending the program. Based on the outcome of the survey, AVELING may contact you to discuss options that will best suit your individual learning needs. This survey will allow AVELING to cater program delivery to meet the needs of all learners. Please note that additional costs may be incurred if literacy support is required.
AVELING offers free support services to help you complete workplace assessments that are part of a nationally recognised course or qualification. Your Assessment Support person can help you in the planning and preparation of your course assignments and is available via telephone, email, one-on-one meetings or monthly group workshops.
Free monthly workshops
Workshops are run every month at our Jandakot venue between 9.00am-11.00am. Candidates can attend as many times as required. Places are limited so bookings are essential. Please phone (08) 9379 9999 to book.
Classroom - 1 day
$395 classroom inc. assessments (GST Free) or,
Online - self-paced
$250 online (GST Free)
Workplace assessments - 12 months to complete
Advanced Assessor Course:
Classroom - 2 days
$820 (GST Free)
Workplace assessments - 12 months to complete
These courses are intended for those training and assessment practitioners who are seeking to maintain the currency of their TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment to meet current RTO standards by the deadline date of 1st July 2019.
If completing one or more of the courses, a statement of attainment will be issued after being deemed competent having successfully:
1. Attended the course and completed all in-class assessments.
2. Completed all the relevant workplace assignments.
Workplace assignments must be submitted within 12 months of course completion.
If you have eight (8) or more participants, this course can be presented at your workplace using customised site based examples.
Please contact AVELING at email@example.com to enquire about your training needs based on your experience and qualifications.