Holders of the TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment have a unique opportunity to add to their their credentials, meeting the new trainer and assessor requirements as of 01 July 2019, by pursuing our Update Program.
In accordance with Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015, in addition to holding the TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, you will need to hold either one of the following:
- TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills
- TAELLN401A Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills
Plus one of the following:
- TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools
- TAEASS502A Design and develop assessment tools
- TAEASS502B Design and develop assessment tools.
AVELING Update Program will meet the above by proving the following TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment units of competency:
- TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills (if not already achieved in earlier training and assessment activities);
- TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools.
By completing these additional units, you will meet the minimum requirements to deliver and/or assess nationally recognised training for/or in partnership with a Registered Training Organisation, as defined by the Standards for RTOs 2015. Please note that some RTOs may require their trainer and assessors hold the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment. If you require the full qualification, refer to the Upgrade TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment course for more information.
Note: If you hold a Training and Assessment qualification, other than the TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, please contact AVELING at: email@example.com for more information on the ideal program for you.
Note: If you don’t have any previous training and assessment qualifications, please go to TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment for further information.
The learning outcomes for the two Units of Competency in the Update Program are shown below:
Course 1 – Participants in this Language, Literacy and Numeracy Course will be able to:
- Analyse LLN requirements;
- Select and use resources and strategies to address LLN skill requirements;
- Identify cultural and social sensitivities relevant to communicating with individuals who are identified as requiring LLN support;
- Access specialist LLN support where required; and,
- Evaluate effectiveness of learning support and assessment strategies in addressing LLN requirements.
For more information and to enrol in the Language, Literacy and Numeracy course (1 day or online), click here.
Course 2 – Participants in the Design and Develop Assessment Tools course will be able to:
- Understand the collection of quality evidence;
- Be able to strengthen their application of formative and summative assessment; and,
- Develop enhanced skills in recognition of prior learning assessment.
Learn more about the Design and Develop Assessment Tools course.
|Course Name||Units of Competency|
|Language, Literacy and Numeracy Course||
|Design and Develop Assessment Tools||
Before enrolling in this course you will be required to provide a copy of your certification (including Record of Results) for TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
Language Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Survey
If this is your first AVELING course, you will be required to complete a Language Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) survey.
If enrolling in online delivery, this will be done as part of the enrolment process; if enrolling for in-class delivery, the survey will be emailed to you upon enrolment and must be submitted and reviewed prior to attending the program.
Based on the outcome of the survey, AVELING may contact you to discuss options that will best suit your individual learning needs. Please note that additional costs may be incurred if literacy support is required.
AVELING offers free support services to help you progress through your Nationally Recognised course or qualification.
Our team can provide extra support as needed to help you in understanding the course material or assessments and are available via telephone, email, or group sessions.
The two-hour group sessions are run regularly at our Jandakot venue. You can attend as many times as you need, but places are limited and bookings are essential.
Please phone (08) 9379 9999 to book.
Language, Literacy & Numeracy:
Design and Develop Assessment Tools:
If completing one or more of the courses, a statement of attainment will be issued after being deemed competent having successfully:
1. Attended the course and completed all in-class assessments.
2. Completed all the relevant workplace assignments.
Workplace assignments must be completed within 12 months of enrolment.
If you have eight (8) or more participants, this course can be presented at your workplace using customised site based examples.
Please contact AVELING at firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire about your training needs based on your experience and qualifications.