This course includes content that is particularly relevant for assessors, workplace supervisors with assessment planning responsibilities and trainers (or assessors) responsible for planning assessment including Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) practices. It includes a review and recap of existing assessment knowledge and provides an opportunity to strengthen skills to meet current assessment practice. The planning, development and validation of assessment tools and instruments are essential components of this course.
Participants in this course will be able to:
- Review performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to plan and organise the assessment process;
- Improve their use of recognition of prior learning (RPL) practices, in a competency-based assessment system; and,
- Strengthen their ability to develop simple assessment instruments.
Units of Competency:
TAEASS401 Plan assessment activities and processes
TAEASS403 Participate in assessment validation
Important: This course contributes to the nationally recognised TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
- Course tuition from our experienced trainers
- Comprehensive student manual
- Fully catered morning & afternoon tea
- Fully catered lunch
- Free flowing tea, coffee and filtered water throughout the duration of the course
- Complementary WiFi
- Pens & notepad
- Post course support
Participants intending to take this Upgrade Assessor Course will submit their TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (or equivalent) for verification. Before enrolling in the Upgrade Assessor Course, you must provide evidence of the following Units of Competency:
- TAEASS401B Plan assessment activities and processes; and
- TAEASS403B Participate in assessment validation.
Upon booking to complete your first AVELING program, participants will be required to complete a LLN Learner Survey which will be reviewed prior to attending the program. Based on the outcome of the survey, AVELING may contact you to discuss options that will best suit your individual learning needs. This survey will allow AVELING to cater program delivery to meet the needs of all learners. Please note that additional costs may be incurred if literacy support is required.
$700 (GST Free)
This course is designed for VET Assessors who are seeking to upgrade their existing assessor competencies from the TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment to those included in the current TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
For individuals completing this course only, a statement of attainment will be issued after being deemed competent having successfully:
1. Attended the course and completed all in-class assessments.
2. Completed all the relevant workplace assignments.
Workplace assignments must be submitted within 12 months of course completion.
If you have eight (8) or more participants, this course can be presented at your workplace using customised site based examples.