Get onsite quickly with the AVELING Tasmania White Card course.
AVELING has updated the White Card Unit of Competency to the CPCCWHS1001 – Prepare to work safely in the construction industry in our comprehensive online unit. AVELING’s induction construction training course is fully approved by WorkSafe Tasmania and a Statement of Attainment will be issued upon successful completion of AVELING’s course. Following the steps below leads to a Tasmanian White Card. The course covers the latest Work Health and Safety (WHS) laws, incorporating the requirements of the Tasmanian WHS Act 2012 and WHS Regulations 2012.
You’ll need to complete a Construction Induction Card Application Form after finishing the course. The White Card can only be issued by WorkSafe Tasmania. To get it you must:
- Complete the Construction Induction Card Application Form (but do not sign it)
- Attend a Service Tasmania outlet (see: http://www.service.tas.gov.au/about/shops/)
- Provide a copy of the statement of attainment confirming completion of the unit of competency
- Provide evidence of identity documents (full details in attached Application Form)
- Pay the prescribed application fee, as per Application Form
AVELING cannot issue the physical White Card – this can only occur by following the steps above.
Note: The previous White Card Unit of Competency CPCCOHS1001A – Work safely in the construction industry has been superseded and is no longer available. Please refer to our FAQ’s for responses to questions that you might have about the new Unit of Competency or contact us at email@example.com.
Assurance Audit and Assessment:
To receive the White Card, participants are required to successfully complete all online questions, a verbal assessments and practical demonstrations, to be done either:
- In person at our facility in Jandakot, Western Australia; or
- By video call (e.g. Skype – a webcam/smart phone and PPE are required, refer to notes below)
This is to be conducted by an authorised AVELING assessor, taking approximately 30 minutes to complete. It can be completed on weekdays, between 7.30am and 3.30pm (AWST). Bookings are essential.
PPE Requirements For Assessment:
Our assessment requires participants to demonstrate proper use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Please note: Due to the increased hygiene requirements associated with COVID, you are required to provide your own PPE and ensure it is in good working order before the assessment, whether in person or via video call. You will need:
- Hard hat
- Eye protection
- Hearing protection (ear muffs or ear plugs)
- High visibility (hi-vis) vest
In cases where participants are from a non-English speaking background and/or have difficulty in communicating in English, AVELING may engage the services of external providers for translation and interpretation services. Where this is required, additional fees will apply from $55 + GST for up to 30 minutes with an interpreter. Higher fees will apply if more than 30 minutes is required.
Participants must successfully complete AVELING’s assurance audit and verbal assessment within 12 months from course enrolment. On successful completion of all components, AVELING will issue the Statement of Attainment to the participant. For instances where the assurance audit and/or the verbal assessment is not completed within the 12 months, participants will be required to redo the course.
- Identify health and safety legislative requirements of construction work
- Identify construction hazards and risk control measures
- Identify health and safety communication and reporting processes
- Identify incident and emergency response
Unit of Competency
CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry
$80 (GST free)
Anyone who wants to work in the construction industry and those currently working in the construction industry that wish to refresh their knowledge. This course is for a Tasmanian White Card.
A Statement of Attainment will be issued for the Unit of Competency CPCCWHS1001 - Prepare to work safely in the construction industry after being deemed competent having successfully:
1. Completed all relevant online components
2. Completed an assurance audit and verbal assessment.
3. Completed all the relevant workplace assignments.
Participants will have to complete the AVELING assurance audit, verbal assessment and course verification before the Statement of Attainment can be issued. The assurance audit/verbal assessment is usually completed in 30 minutes, via a video call.
When completing the assessment via video call, participants MUST have the following personal protective equipment (PPE): a hard hat, hearing protection, high-visibility vest and eye protection.