Get on site quickly with AVELING’s White Card Construction Training (Tasmania) course.
This course covers the latest Work Health and Safety (WHS) laws, incorporating the requirements of the Tasmanian WHS Act 2012 and WHS Regulations 2012. The course is fully approved by WorkSafe Tasmania and a Statement of Attainment will be issued upon successful completion. In order to obtain your Tasmanian White Card, you will need to follow the steps below.
AVELING cannot issue the physical White Card. The White Card can only be issued by WorkSafe Tasmania. You’ll need to complete a Construction Induction Card Application Form and follow the steps below after finishing the course in order to obtain your Tasmanian White Card:
- Complete the Construction Induction Card Application Form (but do not sign it).
- Attend a Service Tasmania outlet (see: www.service.tas.gov.au/about/shops/).
- Provide a copy of your Statement of Attainment confirming completion of the Unit of Competency.
- Provide evidence of identity documents (full details in Application Form).
- Pay the prescribed application fee, as per Application Form
COVID hygiene: Please note that due to enhanced hygiene requirements associated with COVID, you are required to provide your own PPE for the assessment and ensure it is in good working order beforehand. See the Assessments section for more information.
- Identify health and safety legislative requirements of construction work
- Identify construction hazards and risk control measures
- Identify health and safety communication and reporting processes
- Identify incident and emergency response
Unit of Competency
CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry
Upon enrolling, you will have access to the course for 90 days. Within this time, you must successfully complete:
- all online learning and questions
- verbal assessment
- practical demonstration
- assurance audit*
The verbal assessment, practical demonstration and assurance audit are carried out in one session, either in person at our facility in Jandakot, Western Australia, or via video call e.g. Skype (webcam/smart phone required).
This session will take about 30 minutes and must be completed within 30 days of completing the online learning component. Bookings are essential.
If participants have not successfully completed all above components within 90 days of enrolment, they will be required to re-enrol in the course.
Translators and interpreters
In cases where participants require English language support, AVELING can engage external providers for translation and interpretation services. This will incur an additional fee and can be arranged when you book your assessment.
PPE requirements for assessment
Our assessment requires participants to demonstrate proper use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Due to the enhanced hygiene requirements associated with COVID, you are required to provide your own PPE and ensure it is in good working order before the assessment, whether in person or via video call. You will need:
- Hard hat
- Eye protection
- Hearing protection (ear muffs or ear plugs)
- High visibility (hi-vis) vest
* AVELING conducts assurance audits on all learners completing nationally recognised online courses to verify identification and ensure the learner completed the course themselves.
$80 (GST free)
Upon enrolment, you will have 90 days in which to complete:
A Statement of Attainment will be issued upon successful completion of online learning and assessments.
Those intending to work in the construction industry and/or currently working in the construction industry that wish to refresh their knowledge.