18 Aug 2021

International students can now take RSA, White Card or Food Safety courses at AVELING!


Recent changes to the Education Services for Overseas Students Act 2000 (ESOS Act) mean that we are now able to offer some courses to international student visa holders, without requiring CRICOS registration.

This means you can:

> take an exempted short course in addition to your full-time main course of study without jeopardising your attendance or progress visa requirements.

> pursue personal interests while studying to enhance the quality of your Australian experience; or

> undertake training that may be required ahead of a workplace component for your main course of study, or for employment (consistent with your student visa requirements).


AVELING is able to offer the following courses to international students already on a student visa:

Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) Course (SITHFAB002 Provide responsible service of alcohol)

White Card Construction Training Course (CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry)

SITXFSA001 Use hygienic practices for food safety

SITXFSA002 Participate in safe food handling practices


*Please note – these courses would be in addition to your full-time main course of study – you will not be able to apply for a student visa based on these courses alone.

More information for international students can be found in our resources section.

If you have any questions on AVELING’s exempted courses, contact us on +61 8 9379 9999

If you have any questions regarding your student visa, please visit the Australian Government Home Affairs website: immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-finder/study