AVELING continues to carefully monitor the COVID-19 situation to ensure the safety of our community, as we deliver training both online and at our training centres.
AVELING is in the process of transitioning a number of our face-to-face courses back to normal scheduling. All class sizes have been adjusted to allow for required social distancing measures. Many programs continue to run as timetabled whether delivered online, remotely, in person or in a blended format.
We have instigated the following social distancing and other measures to support those undertaking face-to-face learning:
• Social distancing of 1.5m to reduce in-person contact for both staff and students in classrooms and in all spaces at our training centres.
• Enclosed spaces have no more than one person per four square metres of floor space on average.
• All non-essential group activities have been cancelled.
• Increased signage and information on COVID-19 and personal hygiene is posted around our building and highlighted at the commencement of each course.
• Compulsory temperature checks on entry to our training centre via one entry point.
• We are actively encouraging sick students and staff to stay at home.
• Staff and students presenting at our facilities with signs of illness are being asked to go home until they are feeling well.
• We are strongly encouraging personal hygiene, such as the use of hand sanitiser, by students and staff.
• Our cafeteria remains open for takeaway only, with social distancing and increased hygiene practices and protocols being enforced.
• We have increased environmental cleaning at the training centre.