In response to the evolving COVID situation on Sunday 27 June, Rio Tinto now require all candidates attending Rio Tinto inductions at AVELING Jandakot to undergo a 3 point COVID screen and test clear before presenting to AVELING for their course.
Currently these requirements will be in place for courses from the 28 June – 2 July.
The screening is made up of 3 layers:
- Questionnaire covering travel, hotspots, symptoms
- Temperature – taken with a non-touch thermometer
- Rapid antigen screen – involves a nostril swab with results in 15- minutes.
There are two screening locations, Terminal 2 and Terminal 3 of the Perth Airport: https://goo.gl/maps/GQqCAHG7FiFjqMkA6
T2 Perth Airport
- The testing station is located on the outside of the passenger terminal, the best parking is in the short-term car park at T2
T3 Perth Airport
- The testing station is located within the large white marquees located in the short-term car park at T3.
Course attendees have been allocated between 8:00am and 9:00am each morning to attend the Rio Tinto screening stations to undergo the test.
Please allow 30-40 minutes for the screening process, plus allow ample travel time to arrive in time for session start at AVELING.
Participants will be provided with a date stamped wristband and a screening receipt to show as proof of screening of which must be presented to AVELING before being permitted to enter the training session.
A mask must be worn for the time you’re at the airport including carpark and screening tent.
Masks are required to attend all courses at AVELING.
NOTE: THIS ONLY APPLIES TO RIO TINTO INDUCTION COURSES
Participants on all other courses must follow COVID-safe guidelines including receiving a temperature check upon arrival at AVELING, check in with the Safe WA app or signing the contact register and wearing a mask at all times.
If you have any queries regarding these requirements, please do not hesitate to contact us on 08 9379 9999.