In business, people often confuse management with leadership, and the difference is subtle, but important. Leaders will always strive to get the best from their team, where managers will focus more on process and control.
Cattani Consulting has created a list of the acknowledged traits of great leaders.
How do you and your team members match up to the ideal?
- Confidence, but avoiding arrogance
- A caring attitude
- Clarity, in speech and in written communication
- Persuasiveness, but avoiding bullying
- Being comfortable with empowering others
- Being happy to delegate whole projects
- A good sense of humour
- A positive attitude
- A good work ethic
- The ability to inspire others
Are there any you would disagree with, or add?
AVELING, in partnership with Cattani Consulting, offers The Journey Program for Safety Leaders™ BSB41415 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety, an organisational leadership program with a focus on risk management.
Source: Cattani Consulting