AgilePM® offers a practical and repeatable methodology that achieves an ideal balance between the standards, rigour and visibility required for good project management, and the fast pace, change and empowerment provided by agile.
The focus of agile project management is on developing solutions incrementally, enabling project teams to react effectively to changing requirements, whilst empowering project personnel, and encouraging increased collaboration and ownership.
AVELING offers two Levels of AgilePM® certification:
AgilePM® Foundation Level
The foundation AgilePM® certification provides the users of the method with the core principles needed to facilitate a successful project, while allowing a degree of scope and agility that aren’t provided through many other methodologies.
With a clear, concise and detailed perspective on project productivity, the AgilePM® certification is useful to all candidates and competency levels ranging from highly experienced project managers, to those new to the industry.
AgilePM® Practitioner Level
The practitioner level empowers, encourages and equips you with an in-depth knowledge of the certification, and gives you the skills to apply and implement these principles as a project manager, on a daily basis.
There is no prerequisite for the Foundation Level course.
To take the Practitioner Level course, you must have completed one of the following certificates:
- AgilePM® Foundation Certificate (either 2010 or 2014 version)
- DSDM Atern Foundation Certificate
- DSDM Advanced Practitioner Certificate
By doing this course, you will learn and apply the Agile Project Management framework’s eight principles for effective agile project delivery, which are:
- Focus on the business need
- Build incrementally from firm foundations
- Communicate continuously and clearly
- Deliver on time
- Never compromise quality
- Develop iteratively
- Demonstrate control
Benefits for Individuals
- Develop a more advanced, applied level of knowledge to gain an understanding of agile and the ability to apply relevant project management methods, leading to successful agile projects.
- Clarify different management styles needed for successful agile projects compared to traditional projects and be able to tailor these to the situation.
- Actively promote trust and close co-operation between the business and developers and gives the business ongoing visibility into what is happening.
- Combine knowledge of more traditional management methodologies with agile to better adapt to a changing business environment.
- Improve time-to-market and project success rates while simultaneously accelerating results by encouraging stakeholder involvement, feedback and effective controls.
Benefits for Organisations
- Deliver change faster, at a lower cost and with lower risk by continually validating project milestones against business objectives.
- Complements and works with existing corporate processes such as PRINCE2®, quality and audit processes which improves rigour and visibility around project management, leading to a proven track record of successful delivery in a corporate environment.
- Simply adopt a tried and tested approach rather than developing and integrating a company-specific agile management process.
- Achieve better communication and control over projects and adapt project plans without disrupting the project budget, timescale and scope.
- Develop professionalism in employees and include agile certification in employee professional development schemes.
Foundation Level Exam
This exam is multiple choice, consisting of 50 questions worth one mark each. You must get at least 25 marks (50%) to pass. The exam is closed book and is 40 minutes in duration.
Practitioner Level Exam
The practitioner exam is in the “Objective Testing” format of scenario, question and answer booklet. It consists of 4 questions worth 20 marks each. You must get at least 40 marks (50%) to pass.
The exam allows you to use the official course manual and is 2.5 hours in duration.
Both courses: $3245
AgilePM® Foundation: 3 days
AgilePM® Practitioner: 2 days
Successful candidates are awarded the AgilePM® Foundation and/or Practitioner Certificate.
AgilePM® is a registered trademark of Dynamic Systems Development Method Ltd. All rights reserved.