Tony Mann, who has been working in the field of facilitation for over 20 years, has developed a robust methodology that provides the structure to enable specialists and managers to facilitate effectively.
The process, called the Process Iceberg® methodology, is being applied in a wide variety of organisations and situations. It is a pragmatic, practical approach, which has gained a wide range of adherents in the public, private and charity sectors.
This course makes use of Tony’s book Facilitation – Develop your Expertise. AVELING offers both Foundation and Practitioner level courses.
The Foundation certification is designed to confirm you have sufficient knowledge and understanding of the Process Iceberg® Facilitation Methodology to be able to effectively facilitate supporting events, workshops and meetings in the context of: projects, business analysis, change, operational effectiveness and business process improvement.
The Foundation exam consists of 50 multiple choice questions, worth one marks each. You must get 25 marks (50%) to pass the exam. It takes 40 minutes to complete and is closed book.
The pre-requisite to the Practitioner qualification is the successful passing of the Foundation examination.
The purpose of the Practitioner qualification is to confirm you have achieved sufficient understanding of how to apply and tailor facilitation principles and practices in situations addressing tasks in uncertainty, and manage groups that might not have sufficient Process experience.
By doing this course you will, with suitable direction, be able to apply facilitation principles to small groups as they work on real tasks. You’ll learn about a range of models, tools and techniques and more importantly be able to ‘hear’ which one to use in ‘live’, real situations.
The Practitioner exam consists of 8 questions, worth ten marks each. You must get 40 marks (50%) to pass the exam. It takes 2.5 hours to complete and is open book (facilitation book and course manual only).
Benefits for individuals:
- Gain the skills and expertise to become an effective facilitator, capable of operating in a wide variety of situations.
- Develop an understanding of a structure and framework to help you introduce a facilitated approach to improvement, innovation and change in an organisation.
- Learn a wide range of practical and usable tools and techniques, which can help facilitate groups to handle uncertainty, and provide processes to enable the group to solve problems and develop answers to key questions.
- Manage project team members and enable them to identify key issues.
- Develop robust solutions through creative thinking and effective selection of options.
- Launch projects effectively by defining the objectives and key outcomes of a project or program.
- Complement all other professional qualifications by learning skills which produce results faster and more effectively.
Benefits for organisations
- Assist organisations to tackle difficult challenges using best practice facilitation methods.
- Make certain that robust solutions can be delivered in an effective, timely and constructive way that won’t compromise on the key issues.
- Enable organisations to involve and engage people at all levels, using a collaborative approach to facilitate change.
- Ensure the delivery of projects on time, to budget and within time scales.
- Implement a common language to improve communication and understanding both within teams and throughout an organisation.
- Course tuition from our experienced trainers
- Comprehensive student manual
- Fully catered morning & afternoon tea
- Fully catered lunch
- Free flowing tea, coffee and filtered water throughout the duration of the course
- Complimentary WiFi
- Pens & notepad
- Post course support
Foundation: $2310 (inc GST)
Practitioner: $1815 (inc GST)
Foundation: 3 days
Practitioner: 2 days
Successful candidates are awarded the Facilitation Foundation and/or Practitioner Certificate.