The course looks at how to apply harm-minimisation strategies that reduce the likelihood customers will become intoxicated, by identifying those who are consuming alcohol irresponsibly or showing signs of intoxication, and stopping serving them.
Through interactive content and realistic scenarios, you’ll learn how to effectively:
- Serve standard-sized drinks and assist customers to drink within appropriate limits
- Manage customers who are intoxicated or disorderly
- Deal with juveniles and prevent them consuming or obtaining alcohol
Unit of Competency:
SITHFAB002 Provide responsible service of alcohol
- Sell or serve alcohol responsibly
- Assist customers to drink within appropriate limits
- Assess alcohol-affected customers and identify customers to whom sale or service must be refused
- Implement harm minimisation strategies to minimise likelihood of customer intoxication, e.g. by promoting food, low-strength drinks and non-alcoholic drinks
- Monitor customer behaviour and refuse service to intoxicated patrons in a polite manner, stating reasons for refusal
Is RSA training mandatory in the ACT?
Yes. RSA training will be required every three years if you are:
- the licensee or a commercial permit holder
- an employee of the licensee or commercial permit holder who serves liquor at the premises, or
- a crowd controller who works at the premises
Is AVELING’s course approved in the Australian Capital Territory?
Yes. This course fulfils ACT’s mandatory RSA training requirements and is approved by the Office of Regulatory Services (ORS).
How long is the course?
The course will take 4 hours to complete.
Note: you will be required to submit a certified Statutory Declaration and provide accompanying certified proof of identity at the completion of this course. Please take this into consideration if requiring the qualification promptly.
Furthermore, as per the requirements by the Office of Regulatory Services (ORS), all persons working in the Australian Capital Territory must undertake refresher training or redo a full RSA course every three years. This is mandatory if working in the Australian Capital Territory. This expiry period applies to all RSA courses provided in the Australian Capital Territory by all training providers and is not unique to AVELING’s course.
AVELING conducts assurance audits of participants completing Nationally Recognised eLearning courses to verify identification and ensure the participant did the course themselves.
Participants doing Nationally Recognised eLearning courses must be subjected to AVELING’s assurance audit process within 12 months of course enrolment and successfully pass the assurance audit to complete the course and receive certification. If this does not occur, they may have to redo the course
$55 (GST free)
Anyone who serves, supplies or sells alcohol on licensed premises, including licensees.
A Statement of Attainment will be issued for the Unit of Competency SITHFAB002 Provide responsible service of alcohol after being deemed competent having successfully:
1. Completed all relevant online components
2. Completed all assessments
Assessments must be completed within 12 months of enrolment into the online training.