The course looks at how to apply harm-minimisation strategies that reduce the likelihood customers will become intoxicated, by identifying those who are consuming alcohol irresponsibly or showing signs of intoxication, and stopping serving them.
This course covers the following topics:
- Sell or serve alcohol responsibly
- Assist customers to drink within appropriate limits
- Assess alcohol-affected customers and identify customers to whom sale or service must be refused
- Implement harm minimisation strategies to minimise likelihood of customer intoxication, e.g. by promoting food, low-strength drinks and non-alcoholic drinks
- Monitor customer behaviour and refuse service to intoxicated patrons in a polite manner, stating reasons for refusal
Through interactive content and realistic scenarios, upon successful completion of this course you will be able to effectively:
- Serve standard-sized drinks and assist customers to drink within appropriate limits
- Manage customers who are intoxicated or disorderly
- Deal with juveniles and prevent them consuming or obtaining alcohol
Unit of Competency:
SITHFAB002 Provide responsible service of alcohol
Upon enrolling, you will have access to the course for 90 days. Within this time, you must successfully complete:
- online learning
- written questions
- verbal assessment
- assurance audit*
The verbal assessment and assurance audit are carried out over the phone.
The session will take about 15 minutes and must be completed within 30 days of completing the online learning component.
If participants have not successfully completed all above components within 90 days of enrolment, they will be required to re-enrol in the course.
* AVELING conducts assurance audits on all learners completing nationally recognised online courses to verify identification and ensure the learner completed the course themselves.
Is RSA training mandatory in the ACT?
Yes. RSA training will be required every three years if you are:
- the licensee or a commercial permit holder
- an employee of the licensee or commercial permit holder who serves liquor at the premises, or
- a crowd controller who works at the premises
Is AVELING’s course approved in the Australian Capital Territory?
Yes. This course fulfils ACT’s mandatory RSA training requirements and is approved by the Office of Regulatory Services (ORS).
How long is the course?
The course will take 4 hours to complete.
Note: you will be required to submit a certified Statutory Declaration and provide accompanying certified proof of identity at the completion of this course. Please take this into consideration if requiring the qualification promptly.
Furthermore, as per the requirements by the Office of Regulatory Services (ORS), all persons working in the Australian Capital Territory must undertake refresher training or redo a full RSA course every three years. This is mandatory if working in the Australian Capital Territory. This expiry period applies to all RSA courses provided in the Australian Capital Territory by all training providers and is not unique to AVELING’s course.
$55 (GST free)
Anyone who serves, supplies or sells alcohol on licensed premises, including licensees.
A Statement of Attainment will be issued upon successful completion.