The Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) (SITHFAB002 Provide responsible service of alcohol) – Northern Territory provides you with the knowledge and skills to sell and serve alcohol responsibly, in compliance with liquor laws in the Northern Territory and as required by your workplace’s policies and procedures.
You will learn how to apply harm-minimisation strategies that reduce the likelihood customers will become intoxicated, by identifying those who are consuming alcohol irresponsibly or showing signs of intoxication, and stopping serving them.
This course covers the following topics:
- Sell or serve alcohol responsibly;
- Assist customers to drink within appropriate limits;
- Assess alcohol-affected customers and identify customers to whom sale or service must be refused;
- Implement harm minimisation strategies to minimise likelihood of customer intoxication, e.g. by promoting food, low-strength drinks and non-alcoholic drinks;
- Monitor customer behaviour and refuse service to intoxicated patrons in a polite manner, stating reasons for refusal.
Through interactive content and realistic scenarios, upon successful completion of this course you will be able to effectively:
- Serve standard-sized drinks and assist customers to drink within appropriate limits;
- Manage customers who are intoxicated or disorderly;
- Deal with juveniles and prevent them consuming or obtaining alcohol.
Upon successful completion of all learning and assessments for this course, you will receive a statement of attainment for the Nationally Recognised Unit of Competency:
SITHFAB002 Provide responsible service of alcohol
Upon enrolling, you will have access to the course for 90 days. Within this time, you must successfully complete:
- online learning
- written questions
- verbal assessment
- assurance audit*
The verbal assessment and assurance audit are carried out over the phone.
The session will take about 15 minutes and must be completed within 30 days of completing the online learning component.
If participants have not successfully completed all above components within 90 days of enrolment, they will be required to re-enrol in the course.
* AVELING conducts assurance audits on all learners completing nationally recognised online courses to verify identification and ensure the learner completed the course themselves.
Is RSA training mandatory in NT?
Yes. Changes to legislation in late 2008 now make it obligatory for anyone who serves alcohol to be RSA certified. New staff must obtain their RSA within one month of employment.
Is AVELING’s course approved in NT?
Yes. This course fulfils the Northern Territory’s mandatory RSA training requirements.
$55 (GST free)
Upon enrolment you will have 90 days in which to complete:
Statement of Attainment