The course looks at how to apply harm-minimisation strategies that reduce the likelihood customers will become intoxicated, by identifying those who are consuming alcohol irresponsibly or showing signs of intoxication, and stopping serving them.
Through interactive content and realistic scenarios, you’ll learn how to effectively:
- Serve standard-sized drinks and assist customers to drink within appropriate limits
- Manage customers who are intoxicated or disorderly
- Deal with juveniles and prevent them consuming or obtaining alcohol
Unit of Competency:
- SITHFAB002 Provide responsible service of alcohol
- Sell or serve alcohol responsibly
- Assist customers to drink within appropriate limits
- Assess alcohol-affected customers and identify customers to whom sale or service must be refused
- Implement harm minimisation strategies to minimise likelihood of customer intoxication, e.g. by promoting food, low-strength drinks and non-alcoholic drinks
- Monitor customer behaviour and refuse service to intoxicated patrons in a polite manner, stating reasons for refusal
Is RSA training mandatory in Queensland?
Yes. Licensees must ensure that the following people have completed an RSA training course:
- the licensee (if an individual)
- approved managers
- any staff member at the premises who serves or supplies liquor
Staff members include bartenders, glass collectors, floor hostesses, room service staff.
Is AVELING’s course approved in Queensland?
Yes. This course fulfils Queensland’s mandatory RSA training requirements and is approved by the Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation (OLGR).
AVELING conducts assurance audits of participants completing Nationally Recognised eLearning courses to verify identification and ensure the participant did the course themselves.
Participants doing Nationally Recognised eLearning courses must be subjected to AVELING’s assurance audit process within 12 months of course enrolment and successfully pass the assurance audit to complete the course and receive certification. If this does not occur, they may have to redo the course
$55 (GST free)
Anyone who serves, supplies or sells alcohol on licensed premises, including licensees.
A Statement of Attainment will be issued for the Unit of Competency SITHFAB002 Provide responsible service of alcohol after being deemed competent having successfully:
1. Completed all relevant online components
2. Completed all assessments
Assessments must be completed within 12 months of enrolment into the online training.