AVELING is pleased to provide experienced trainers and assessors (who hold the TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment) the option to upgrade to the new TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
AVELING offers Trainers and Assessors the opportunity to upgrade using a blended model of Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL), Credit Transfer, gap-training and assessments. The final UPDATE program will be dependent upon currently held Units of Competency by the candidate, however this upgrade option is typically based on a person holding the below units:
TAEDES401A – Design and develop learning programs
TAEDES402A – Use training packages and accredited courses to meet client needs
TAEDEL401A – Plan, organise and deliver group based learning
TAEDEL402A – Plan, organise and facilitate learning in the workplace
TAEASS401B – Plan assessment activities and processes
TAEASS402B – Assess competence
TAEASS403B – Participate in assessment validation
Note: If you hold a Training and Assessment qualification, other than the TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, please contact AVELING at: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on the ideal program for you.
Note: If you don’t have any previous training and assessment qualifications, please go to TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment for further information.
To upgrade to the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, holders of the TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, have the opportunity to pursue any or all of the program options presented below. The final selection of the appropriate program will depend upon your current credentials. While courses can be completed in sequence or independently, AVELING recommends attendance in the Upgrade Assessor Course prior to the Advanced Assessor Course.
Program Option 1: Participants in this Learning, Language and Numeracy Course will be able to:
- Analyse LLN requirements;
- Select and use resources and strategies to address LLN skill requirements;
- Identify cultural and social sensitivities relevant to communicating with individuals who are identified as requiring LLN support;
- Access specialist LLN support where required; and,
- Evaluate effectiveness of learning support and assessment strategies in addressing LLN requirements.
For more information and to enrol in the Language, Literacy and Numeracy Course (1 day or online), click here.
Program Option 2: Participants in the Upgrade Assessor Course* will be able to:
- Understand the changes to VET terminology;
- Plan and organise assessment processes;
- Develop assessment tools and instruments, including recognition of prior learning;
- Use different assessment methods;
- Incorporate reasonable adjustment strategies; and,
- Validate your assessments.
For more information and to enrol in the Upgrade Assessor Course* (2 days), click here.
*Note: Participants must meet pre-requisites to enrol in the Upgrade Assessor Course. See details in the “more information” section below.
Program Option 3: Participants in the Advanced Assessor Course** will be able to:
- Understand the collection of quality evidence;
- Be able to strengthen their application of formative and summative assessment; and,
- Develop enhanced skills in recognition of prior learning assessment.
For more information and to enrol in the Advanced Assessor Course** (2 days), click here.
**Note: Participants are encouraged to complete the Upgrade Assessor Course before they take the Advanced Assessor Course. See details in the “more information” section below.
|Course Name||Units of Competency|
|Language, Literacy and Numeracy Course||
|Upgrade Assessor Course||
|Advanced Assessor Course||
- To enrol into this course you must have completed the TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment. You must complete a Credit Transfer Application and provide a copy of your Record of Results and/or Statement(s) of Attainments for any units you wish to apply for credit. Verification of results (for units taken outside AVELING) will incur a fee. (See Pre-Course Information – 1.14 Credit Transfer Fees)
- Additionally, as an entry requirement for the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, you must provide evidence of vocational competency in your proposed area of training and assessment. Evidence may include:
– A copy of a Statement of Attainment or qualification for nationally recognised training issued by an RTO; or
– USI Transcript (you must provide AVELING access to these records via the USI portal); or
– One of the following that shows you have performed particular vocational skills for a period of no less than 6 months
– Resume and AVELING third party report
– Job Description and AVELING third party report
– Verification of Competency completed by an employer
- Before attending the Advanced Assessor Course AVELING recommend you complete the Upgrade Assessor training delivery.
It is also vital for participants to have access to a workplace and to a person who holds the TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment qualification or equivalent. If you don’t have a workplace or access to a qualified person, please contact AVELING and we can look at ways to assist you complete your workplace assignments. (Charges may apply).
Upon booking to complete your first AVELING program, participants will be required to complete a LLN Learner Survey which will be reviewed prior to attending the program. Based on the outcome of the survey, AVELING may contact you to discuss options that will best suit your individual learning needs. This survey will allow AVELING to cater program delivery to meet the needs of all learners. Please note that additional costs may be incurred if literacy support is required.
AVELING’s Competitive Advantage
AVELING takes a holistic approach in the design and delivery of units and courses within the Training and Assessment suite of programs. We optimise the learning delivery time by sequencing units and courses in flexible program options. Our world class facilities, experienced trainers, comprehensive learning materials and outstanding assessment support capabilities culminate in training and assessment programs where the learner feels fully supported along the journey. Not only will participants have an experiential program engagement with the trainer, but the AVELING learning cohort will link you to other training and assessment practitioners with whom you’ll have a deep learning experience.
Online - self-paced, Workplace Assessments - 12 months to complete
$250 online (GST Free)
Upgrade Assessor Course:
Classroom - 2 days, Workplace Assessments - 12 months to complete
$700 (GST Free)
Advanced Assessor Course:
Classroom - 2 days, Workplace Assessments - 12 months to complete
$820 (GST Free)
These program options offer the required units for a holder of TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment to upgrade their qualification to the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment to meet current RTO standards by the deadline date of 1st April, 2019.
A certificate will be issued after being deemed competent, having successfully:
1. Attended the relevant course(s) and completed all in-class assessments
2. Completed all the relevant assessments and workplace assignments
3. Provided a record of results for your TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training & Assessment which has been verified by AVELING (charges may vary from $50 to $150 depending on the complexity of your qualification)
4. Provided a copy of your resume/CV that highlights current training & assessment experience in the Vocational Education and Training (VET) sector
Please note that verification of results (for units taken outside AVELING) will incur a fee and workplace assignments must be submitted within 12 months of course completion.
Please contact AVELING at email@example.com to enquire about your training needs based on your experience and qualifications.