IMPORTANT INFORMATION – Trainer and Assessor credentials
The new Trainer and Assessor credential requirements came into effect 1 July 2019. All trainers and assessors within the VET Sector must now have:
- the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, OR
- a diploma or higher level qualification in adult education, OR
- the TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, plus:
- either TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills, or its successor, or TAELLN401A Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills, and
- either TAEASS502 Design and Develop Assessment Tools, or its successor, or TAEASS502A Design and Develop Assessment Tools, or TAEASS502B Design and Develop Assessment Tools.
AVELING is pleased to provide experienced trainers and assessors (who hold the TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment) the option to upgrade to the new TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
AVELING offers Trainers and Assessors the opportunity to upgrade using a blended model of Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL), Credit Transfer, gap-training and assessments. The final UPDATE program will be dependent upon currently held Units of Competency by the candidate, however this upgrade option is typically based on a person holding the below units:
TAEDES401A – Design and develop learning programs
TAEDES402A – Use training packages and accredited courses to meet client needs
TAEDEL401A – Plan, organise and deliver group based learning
TAEDEL402A – Plan, organise and facilitate learning in the workplace
TAEASS401B – Plan assessment activities and processes
TAEASS402B – Assess competence
TAEASS403B – Participate in assessment validation
Note: If you hold a Training and Assessment qualification, other than the TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, please contact AVELING at: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on the ideal program for you.
Note: If you don’t have any previous training and assessment qualifications, please go to TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment for further information.
To upgrade to the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, holders of the TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, have the opportunity to pursue any or all of the program options presented below. The final selection of the appropriate program will depend upon your current credentials. While courses can be completed in sequence or independently, AVELING recommends attendance in the Upgrade Assessor Course prior to the Advanced Assessor Course.
Program Option 1: Participants in this Learning, Language and Numeracy Course will be able to:
- Analyse LLN requirements;
- Select and use resources and strategies to address LLN skill requirements;
- Identify cultural and social sensitivities relevant to communicating with individuals who are identified as requiring LLN support;
- Access specialist LLN support where required; and,
- Evaluate effectiveness of learning support and assessment strategies in addressing LLN requirements.
For more information and to enrol in the Language, Literacy and Numeracy Course (online), click here.
Program Option 2: Participants in the Upgrade Assessor Course* will be able to:
- Understand the changes to VET terminology;
- Plan and organise assessment processes;
- Develop assessment tools and instruments, including recognition of prior learning;
- Use different assessment methods;
- Incorporate reasonable adjustment strategies; and,
- Validate your assessments.
For more information and to enrol in the Upgrade Assessor Course* (2 days), click here.
*Note: Participants must meet pre-requisites to enrol in the Upgrade Assessor Course. See details in the “more information” section below.
Program Option 3: Participants in the Design and Develop Assessment Tools course** will be able to:
- Understand the collection of quality evidence;
- Be able to strengthen their application of formative and summative assessment; and,
- Develop enhanced skills in recognition of prior learning assessment.
For more information and to enrol in the Design and Develop Assessment Tools** (2 days or self paced online course), click here.
**Note: Participants are encouraged to complete the Upgrade Assessor course before they take the Design and Develop Assessment Tools course. See details in the “more information” section below.
|Course Name||Units of Competency|
|Language, Literacy and Numeracy Course||
|Upgrade Assessor Course||
|Design and Develop Assessment Tools Course||
It is also vital for participants to have access to a workplace and to a person who holds the TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment qualification or equivalent. If you don’t have a workplace or access to a qualified person, please contact AVELING and we can look at ways to assist you complete your workplace assignments. (Charges may apply).
Upon booking to complete your first AVELING program, participants will be required to complete a LLN Learner Survey which will be reviewed prior to attending the program. Based on the outcome of the survey, AVELING may contact you to discuss options that will best suit your individual learning needs. This survey will allow AVELING to cater program delivery to meet the needs of all learners. Please note that additional costs may be incurred if literacy support is required.
AVELING offers free support services to help you complete workplace assessments that are part of a nationally recognised course or qualification. Your Assessment Support person can help you in the planning and preparation of your course assignments and is available via telephone, email, one-on-one meetings or monthly group workshops.
Free monthly workshops
Workshops are run every month at our Jandakot venue between 9.00am-11.00am. Candidates can attend as many times as required. Places are limited so bookings are essential. Please phone (08) 9379 9999 to book.
Online - self-paced, Workplace Assessments - 12 months to complete
$250 online (GST free)
Upgrade Assessor Course:
Classroom - 2 days, Workplace Assessments - 12 months to complete
$700 (GST free)
Design and Develop Assessment Tools:
Online - self-paced, $399 (GST free)
Classroom - 2 days, $820 (GST free)
Workplace Assessments - 12 months to complete
Classroom and Online
These program options offer the required units for a holder of TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment to upgrade their qualification to the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment to meet current RTO standards from 01 July 2019.
A certificate will be issued after being deemed competent, having successfully:
1. Attended the relevant course(s) and completed all in-class assessments
2. Completed all the relevant assessments and workplace assignments
3. Provided a record of results for your TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training & Assessment which has been verified by AVELING (charges may vary from $50 to $150 depending on the complexity of your qualification)
4. Provided a copy of your resume/CV that highlights current training & assessment experience in the Vocational Education and Training (VET) sector
Please note that verification of results (for units taken outside AVELING) will incur a fee and workplace assignments must be submitted within 12 months of course completion.
Please contact AVELING at email@example.com to enquire about your training needs based on your experience and qualifications.