AVELING offers a flexible solution to obtain your BSB30715 Certificate III in Work Health and Safety qualification. Use your Safety and Health Representative (SHR) training to complete the full qualification.
In addition to completing the SHR course, learners will need to complete the following before they can attain the BSB30715 Certificate III in WHS qualification:
- Submission of assessment material including workplace assignments, third party reports and knowledge questions
- Completion of an online elective unit (and submission of any relevant assessment material)
Learners may choose from any one of the four online elective units available. They can complete their online training in their own time and at their own pace. However, depending on the unit chosen, an additional day of face-to-face training may be required.
Learning and assessment activities involve specific work tasks relevant to the particular workplace. These activities provide a benefit to both the employee and the employer. Participants are able to apply the knowledge as they learn by focusing on practical work examples.
The Units of Competency for the BSB30715 Certificate III in Work Health and Safety consist of 10 Units of Competency, nine (9) delivered in the classroom and ONE (1) Unit of Competency delivered online.
- BSBWHS302 Apply knowledge of WHS legislation in the workplace;
- BSBWHS303 Participate in WHS hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control;
- BSBWHS304 Participate effectively in WHS communication and consultation processes;
- BSBWHS305 Contribute to WHS issue resolution;
- PUAWER001B Identify, prevent and report potential workplace emergency situations;
- BSBWHS406 Assist with responding to incidents;
- BSBINN201 Contribute to workplace innovation;
- BSBCMM201 Communicate in the workplace;
- BSBWRT301 Write simple documents.
Plus choose ONE of the following Online courses:
- BSBCMM401 Make a Presentation
- BSBRES401 Analyse and Present Research Information
- BSBWOR404 Develop Work Priorities
- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
Note: One (1) additional day of face-to-face training if HLTAID003 Provide first aid is chosen
- Course tuition from our experienced trainers
- Comprehensive student materials
- Fully catered morning & afternoon tea
- Fully catered lunch
- Free flowing tea, coffee and filtered water throughout the duration of the course
- Complementary WiFi
- Pens & notepad
- Post course support including free assessment support sessions – Find out more here.
It is vital for participants to have access to a workplace to be able to complete tasks in workplace assessments (real or simulated). If you don’t have a workplace, please contact AVELING and we can look at ways to assist you complete your workplace assessments. (Charges may apply).
The qualification can be achieved by attending five days of face-to-face training, completion of one online course, in-class and workplace assignments. It comprises 10 Units of Competency and participants need to complete all 10 Units of Competency to obtain the qualification.
The BSB30715 Certificate III in Work Health and Safety (WHS) qualification will be issued after:
Submitting the following documents for assessment and being deemed competent against:
- In-Class Activity Workbook (completed in-class);
- End of Course Knowledge Questions (completed in-class);
- Online components;
- Workplace Assignment Tasks (completed in the workplace);
- Observer Reports (completed in the workplace);
- Successful completion of your chosen Online course and,
- Answer a series of knowledge questions (completed in the workplace).
The majority of the in-class tasks are facilitator led, however candidates with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a supervisor position in industry could bypass the classroom training.
Depending on the learners circumstances, an “assessment-only” pathway may be a viable option. The Learner will need to complete the in-class activities, end of course knowledge questions and workplace assignments associated with the Units of Competency. They must complete the assessment tasks and produce evidence that their submission meets the rules of evidence and assessment.
$1590 (GST free)
Safety and Health Representatives
This is a flexible option for people interested in taking on Work Health and Safety (WHS) duties in the workplace or anyone interested in an entry point into a career in safety.
The BSB30715 Certificate III in Work Health and Safety (WHS) qualification will be issued after being deemed competent having successfully:
1. Attended the course and completed all in-class assessments.
2. Completed all relevant online components
3. Completed all the relevant workplace assignments.
Workplace assignments must be submitted within 12 months of course completion.