Knowing how to complete Health and Safety investigations can prevent the recurrence of incidents in the workplace. They can also help to eliminating or minimising the risks associated with the incident.
In this course, you’ll learn how to safely, effectively and efficiently conduct safety and health investigations.
- Determine the objectives
- Gather information
- Evaluate information
- Identify courses of action
- Prepare and present investigation reports
Units of Competency
- RIIWHS301D Conduct safety and health investigations
There are no restrictions on entry to this unit of competency, however, participants are required to have sufficient numeracy, literacy and communication skills to read and comprehend instruction for:
- Referencing and understanding legislation, standards and codes of practice
- Consulting with workers and employers during investigations
- Interviewing people
- Writing reports
$350 (GST free)
Supervisors, safety and health representatives and those with the safety and health obligations specified under the Occupational Health and Safety Act 1984. It is also suited for those working within operational roles on safety committees.
A Statement of Attainment will be issued after being deemed competent having successfully:
1. Attended the course and completed all inclass assessments.
2. Completed all the relevant workplace assessments.
Workplace assessments must be submitted within 12 months of completing the course.