This course looks at the Guiding Principles for medication management in residential aged care facilities. These Guiding Principles promote safe, quality use of medicines and medication management in residential aged care facilities. They are intended to assist these facilities to develop, implement, and evaluate locally specific policies and procedures, support those involved in assisting residents, and to support residents in the medication management process.
In this course you will learn about each of the Guiding Principles for aged care facilities, which are:
- Medication Advisory Committees
- Information resources
- Selection of medicines
- Complementary, alternative and self-selected non-prescription medicines
- Nurse initiated non-prescription medicines
- Standing orders
- Medication charts
- Medication review and medication reconciliation
- Continuity of medicines supply
- Emergency stock of medicines
- Storage of medicines
- Disposal of medicines
- Self-administration of medicines
- Administration of medicines by RACF staff
- Dose administration aids
- Alteration of oral dose forms
- Evaluation of medication management
$55 (incl GST)
Assistants in nursing and personal care workers who work in residential aged care.
A Certificate of Participation will be emailed at the end of the course.