The first aid skills and knowledge learned through our blended online and face to face course will provide you with competence to assist in an emergency situation until help arrives. AVELING, with a stellar reputation in safety and leadership, has designed a course that meets the requirements of two nationally recognised Units of Competency: HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation and HLTAID003 Provide first aid.
The blended learning design (embedding theory and practical components) maximises your learning experience by giving you comprehensive pre-course online material that is applied within the classroom. This will ensure you learn the skills and gain the confidence you need to provide first aid.
Participants will be able to:
- Identify and appropriately respond to an emergency situation;
- Define, assess and minimise immediate hazards to the health and safety of others when an incident is identified;
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Chain of Survival and implement DRS ABCD;
- Assess and manage an unconscious breathing casualty;
- Competently manage and clear airways;
- Perform CPR procedures in accordance with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC);
- Utilise an Automated External Defibrillator (AED);
- Apply first aid procedures for a variety of incidents such as an allergic reaction, bleeding control, choking and airway obstruction, respiratory distress and shock;
- Communicate details of an incident to workplace supervisor as appropriate;
- Maintain confidentiality of records and information in line with statutory and/or organisational policies; and,
- Carry out post-incident debriefing and evaluation.
All theory components will be covered in an online learning module, which will take approximately five hours to complete. You will be sent the link to the online module when you enrol in the course and will need to complete this at least two working days before undertaking the face to face course.
Units of Competency
HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
HLTAID003 Provide first aid
- Course tuition from our experienced trainers
- Comprehensive student manual
- Free flowing tea, coffee and filtered water throughout the duration of the course
- Complementary WiFi
- Pens & notepad
- Post course support
Students must complete the online module at least two working days before undertaking the face to face course.
“Excellent above expectations” – Lynn Strachan WATM Crane Sales and Services WA
It is helpful to wear loose fitting clothing and covered shoes when attending the face to face course at AVELING. In-class assessment activities will include movement around the classroom to physically demonstrate the application of first aid and CPR techniques. To successfully show proper CPR procedures, participants will need to apply hand pressure onto the chest of a manikin for two minutes while kneeling. Please contact AVELING for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 08 9379 9999.
AVELING’s Competitive Advantage
AVELING takes a holistic approach in the design and delivery of this first aid course. We optimise the learning delivery time by sequencing these two units in a blended program option. Our world class facilities, experienced trainers, comprehensive learning materials and outstanding assessment support capabilities culminate in a first aid program where the learner feels fully supported along the journey.
$99 (GST Free)
Classroom and Online
The program is catered for participants from wide ranging backgrounds including office workers, labourers, professionals, volunteers and students who wish to learn essential first aid skills.
A Statement of Attainment for the Units of Competency HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation and HLTAID003 Provide first aid will be issued after being deemed competent having successfully: